Smallville's back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Haven't seen the ep yet, but they're back with new episodes tonight. New one tonight is "Hydro" and seems to add a bit to the Green Arrow arc, but the real fun is next week - the Justice League ep baby.

And yeah, I know. Half of you have "given up" or gave up seasons ago. We know. You always tell us. But when you take out the lame filler eps, there's some decent episodes in there.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I wish I wasn't working so I could watch it, I've enjoyed what few episodes I've seen.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, so the Justice League ep wasn't this week? Yaay! I didn't get a chance to tape it. I have to tape 'em/catch up so I get mixed up, but I remembered new eps started on the 11th and one of the promos made it look like that was the Justice League ep. Plus, the last two weeks they showed all four eps featuring the rest of the lineup.

4. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a pretty good ep today. Enjoyed "the kiss". :lol 

And as much as I hate to say it.....Lana must die.......soon. :banghead: 

5. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Sad thing is I gave up years ago, but I still watch it every week with my wife. I think it's because we're afraid they'll kill off Lana in some horribly drawn out, torturous manner, and we won't see it.

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still watch every week. Even though tonight's episode was kind of crap. I did dig watching Chloe kind of figure out the whole Clark/Oliver thing.

I am really finding it hard to watch episodes that have a prominent Lana presence in the storyline. I fucking loathe her.

7. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

You're not the only one. ;) 

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

...Wow, I knew there were Lana haters out there, but I didn't know there were this many.

And this ep wasn't bad, but like everyone else, I'm psyched for next week's. :D 

9. misterd

The problem is she's a hot actress, and not a horrible one, but week after week after week she whined the same whine, and never missed an opportunity to cry. The writers never seemed to know what to do with her - they rightfully feared a resolution to the romance (see Moonlighting), and kept her at a distance from the Smallville Junior Investigative Agency. So she became the Target of the Week again and again, and always clueless about what was going on around her. In the meantime, the writers tossed Chloe right into the heart of the investigative aspects of the show, making her more proactive, and actually giving her a chance to interact with Clark that allowed them to build a real relationship, rather than this day-old puppy love with Lana. I think they realized all this too late, tried to give her things to do, but ended up with nonsense like "Possessed Witch Lana" and "Vampire Lana" and now "Lana Luthor." Enough already. Kill her now and let's move on.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tori Spelling is a sea monster! AGH! Clark finds out Lana's preggie, awe :( . Clark and Olliver's plot to fool Lana was pretty cool. Since when did Cloe have the strength to toss another person 20 feet with her legs? :lol  Loved Lois' inadvertant comment about Clark being a better kisser than Ollie.:lol  Next week....JUSTICE LEAGUE! :rock 

11. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

I gave up on this show the second Lois showed up I mean as far as I have all ways seen it told Clark did not meet her till he started working for the DP after collage. Then theres the stupid things they did to the other super heros they have had camio on the show like the Flash why in gods name not just have used Jay Garrick, did it have to be Bart Allen? So I don't sound like a negative-nelly I will say that I love the fact that the Green Arrow is playing a prominate roll this season, I just think that his outfit is a very weird mismash of what appears to be a combination of the classic Neal Adams costume and the Mike Grell Longbow Hunters costume that and the sunglasses as a mask is very lame. I hope in my heart of hearts that we get to see the Boxing Glove Arrow used. Oh and there is no end to theawesomeness that is Lionel Luthor.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This show has sucked for a while IMO, what season is it up to?

13. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

It was an ok episode. I liked Clark's reaction to the kiss; although it seemed like he like using his power in the disguise as well.

14. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Not a bad episode but Tori Spelling sucked. I really hope she's not a character that comes back.

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

If Tori Spelling was in this episode then I'm glad I missed it.

16. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Lana will die. And it will become a main reason for the Clark/Lex hate relationship in this Universe.

17. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think Clark/Lex are already there. I think Clark is over Lana. We'll see, but something need to happen as this season feels like they are coasting again.

18. misterd

I know they are not strictly beholden to the any prior continuity (hence brotha' Pete) , but I doubt Lana will die as she never has before. Chloe has always had doom written on her forehead, though, and now that fans like her about 10,000 times more than Lana, her death will have more dramatic impact.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Well Smalville interferes with My name is Earl/The Office so it loses out to them. Maybe I'll see it in a rerun.

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Good episode. Hope we get to see some more of the Martian Manhunter next week.