Smallville Season Finale

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by New Year Convoy, May 12, 2008.

1. New Year Convoy

New Year Convoy Well-Known Member

Smallville Season Finale is showing this week. Just letting you know.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Wish it was the series finale.

3. New Year Convoy

Remember Smallville Season Finale tonight!

4. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nope, tomorrow night :) 

5. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

Especially with what's been said about next season. It doesn't look promising one bit.

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Well they have nothing to lose anymore.

I really wish they end it now though

7. New Year Convoy

that's right

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what if the series finale had angry archer and Green arrow fighting and Clark gets caught by a kryptonite arrow? the end.
    yay for all

9. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    First off, I'm not a Smallville hater, It's the one show I watch consistently ever week. Yes, it has the sap fests and stupid filler eps, but almost every series does.

That being said, I thought this was a great wrap up to a season. Not as good as others, but good. That is, until the very end. I was expecting a super powered lex vs clark battle, or SOMETHING, but nope. They didn't even show Lex getting hurt/killed/sucked to another portal, or anything else that will explain why he isn't there next year (left the show).

Even the ending was good, their little dialog, just too short. What we've been waiting for what, 7 years now. And it lasted like 4 minutes with no true resolve.

Next season, they will show Clark wake up on an empty ice cap, Lex is "missing", he takes his Daily Planet job, Chloe and Lana will be gone, get smoochy with Lois, and fight a humanoid looking Doomsday and Wonder Woman in slacks (most likely). Then it will probably end, and that would suck.

I would have preferred them do 1 or 2 more eps focusing on just Clark vs Lex, Clark KOs Lex, have Clark go into training, disappear for 5-10 years, come back caped up, find out Lex is alive and powerful, End of series.

Then do "Metropolis" if they want, or go to Movie/DVD format with the continuity.

So, Ill be there next year, hoping. I don't bitch and moan like most, but I don't know how they are gonna wrap up an overall good continuity/show with what they've just done.

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Smallville's been really good at delivering in the season finale the last few seasons. I thought tonight's episode was really disappointing when compared to previous season finales. A lot of stuff happened, but nothing that I really cared about or excited me. At the very least, I expected Clark to fly after Kara or to the Fortress, but that didn't happen. Lois and Clark can't hook up fast enough, in my opinion.

11. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Comforting to know I didn't miss anything.

12. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed the season finale (PWNING Braniac FTW), but also could have used a lot more of the Clark/ Lex confrontation. Lois felt shoehorned in for each of her appearances, though. They could've cut some of her time to expand Clark/ Lex. Oh, and it's nice that Lex had time on his trip to the arctic to screw over Chloe and Jimmy. Oh noes! You can't truss Lex!

13. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Chloe - I'm so HOT in this episode.
    Lana - oh I'm so sorry Clark. Go be a hero you little bitch.
    Lois - Hey I'm in this scene for no apparent reason.
    Jimmy - Lex my stomach hurts cause I'm retarded
    Kara - I'm not Kara, I'm Kar-IAC.
    Brainiac - Look at me I fooled everyone. Wait, WTF are you Chloe? You gave me an STD-Trojan!!!
    Lex - Why couldn't you love me Clark. Why can't I quit you.
    Clark - I'm so EMO. Color me loser. :( 

And that is my recap of yestedays disappointing season finale.

14. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Just watched the episode,man they ruined Lex,a few seasons ago,if learned Clark's secret he'd try to use Clark for his own gain. But now he beleives himself a savoir to humanity?

And Clark....pff...for how many season/episodes have we heard Clark say that he's going to put a stop to Lex's plans,that he's going to stop Lex.

There they are in the FOS and comming close to yelling at the tv for Clark use his heatvision on Lex's hand,heck grab a crystal and toss it at the orb thingy.

No instead we get whinny Clark begging for Lex to stop,yeh like that's going to work.

15. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

Yeah, not a good season end. But given the entire season I didn't expect much.

Might be time to go out and pick up the Lois and Clark boxsets. Because if this season is any indication to go by, then another season without the shows creator and Lex while introducing Doomsday of all characters, is just going to be worth skipping over. (Even though my sister will nag me to download it anyway)

16. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    How many damn times will Lana dump Clark will he get it? Perhaps now the story can focus on something else?

17. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    It was a decent season finale, but I expected more as well. I've been a fan for a while, but I'm ready to see him finally fly and take more responsibilty. As for his "whining" that everyone complains about........Superman/Clark Kent has always been this way in some form or another. His love for humanity has long been his one true weakness (not counting kryptonite). He's learning to deal with using powers as well as helping to protect everyone while keeping it all secret. The best way to end this series (and you could even go two more seasons, if you ask me), is to get the ball rolling with the whole "Superman" issue. Chloe is a good character, but she holds him back in some ways. I knew Lana would drop back eventually, so I see this as a turning point for Clark. She held him back a lot more than Chloe. I enjoyed it when she finally found out about Clark's powers and all, but now that she'll be gone (for the most part), he can't use her as a crutch to play Opie.

I think they should bring in a few of the Justice League on occasion, slap him into the Daily Planet, work on the whole "disguise" thing while there, and by series end (whether it's season 8 or beyond), toss that fucker in a cape and tights and LET HIM FLY. Hell, I'll just be cool with him learning to at least FLY by series end.

I guess I have some hope that the series can stay fairly strong since most of the supporting cast is gone or will only be appearing from time to time. That way the stories can revolve more around Clark and his destiny, instead of the Chloe-centric ones we keep seeing. Next season will be decent again.........but I'm hoping they go out with a bang, if it will be the last season.

18. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Supernatural was better.

I was really bored throughout Smallville. The ending was weak.

19. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes! Supernaturals season finale was waaaaaaaaaay better.

20. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I skipped through it but I have a few problem with it.
    He defeats Brainiac and by the time he has made it to the hospital, at super spreed, where the love of his life has been, she has had time to wake up from a nearly catatonic state, get checked out by the doctors, get dressed, record a good bye and discharge herself.

The Lex/Clark resolution was over far to fast. After seven years that's it?
    Mind you most of the episodes are always 30min of story then the rest till the credits of 'what did we learn today?'

Every week I ask myself why do I bother with this show, and every week I can't find a answer.