Smallville Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kenm2474, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last night's episode was so great. The people they cast for the Wonder twins were perfect!

2. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    i liked the twins and the ep has a whole. i am just still bummed that there will be no green lantern, batman, or wonder woman in the series.

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I really loved the ending. Not only did Clark bring out the glasses, but it's quite obvious that Lois loves Clark and not the Blur (I can't wait until they stop calling him that). Too bad the show didn't have the guts to have Clark reveal his secret during the rooftop rescue. I'm so sick of the whole "I can't tell her the truth because it will put her in danger" thing. They already did that for 7 years with Lana and I can't take it anymore. They also need to get Clark back into red and blue.

4. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
  5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Nice read. Thanx.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Fiy

Fiy Alien Velociraptor

News Credits:
    The first hour just finished. My god this is awsome! I love the Justice Society!

For those who are curious, Ma Hunckel[sp?] was the orginal Red Tornado. I still curious who that one guy with the red and green suit is. Is it Judo Master?

Edit: Hees a link to the pic http://www.kryptonsite.com/aj22.jpg

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The original Mr. Teriffic, the current one Micheal Holt was mentioned my Lois in the episode.

The effect for hawkman aren't quite working.

9. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that villaness's actions/manner seemed familiar (please note I don't usually watch this show). God, ever since JLU I've always hated Amanda Waller. Still, Dr. Fate is awesome enough to make up for it.

Edit:
    Dr. Fate, noooo! Now I hate Icicle, too.

Edit #2:
    Suicide Squad!? Please bring in Deadshot!
    I think I'm going to start watching this show regularly from now on.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

LOVED the fate of, well, Dr. Fate. A great nod to the comic character, and his mutiple incarnations.

Pam Grier looked constipated throughout the entire show, but she did a good job of pulling off Waller.

Those costumes were pretty terrible though.

11. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tonight's episode was epic! :thumb 

But when are we finally going to see Batman/Bruce Wayne on Smallville! :confused: 

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

You won't. He's off limits.

13. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Smallville: Absolute Justice was equal parts wonderful, geeky nirvana and cheesily lame. A few points:

- I HATED the actor playing Icicle. He was terrible. He could give Jim Carrey overacting lessons. And his emo faux-hawk was stupid.
    - Pam Grier did look constipated. Good call, smkspy!
    - John Jones' clothing as a nod to his Martian Manhunter costume was kind of dumb but, weirdly enough, it kind of worked, too. I really enjoyed the brief second where Dr. Fate pushed him out of the way and we saw a glimpse of Mars and of his true form.
    - Hawkman's wings looked like they were bought at Hot Topic.
    - I didn't care for Hawkman's voice. Christian Bale has started a terrible trend.
    - I liked Dr. Fate. A lot. I especially liked it when Clark x-rayed Kent's bowling bag and saw the helmet, which turned and looked back at him.
    - It was good seeing references to Alan Scott and Jay Garrick and all the others. Too bad they weren't in the episode. Hopefully they'll show up soon.
    - I loved that this episode introduced Smallville to the larger DC Universe. We need more stories like this.
    - I'm tired of seeing Clark in a black costume. Bring on the red, yellow and blue!!

In any case, I DVR-ed the movie and I'll be watching it a few more times, that's for sure!

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Isnt he like travelling around the world and training? o_O  I dont know much about comics but i think he wont be Batman like in a couple of years.

Anyway, i wish this season ends with Clark finally becoming Superman. If it is then i will change my cable company just to see that episode.

15. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what Producers have said you wont see him as Superman, maybe in like the final episode ever, but they have stated that the show is about the man becoming superman, not about Superman himself, if that makes sense lol

16. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    I gotta say Absolute Justice kept a smile on my face. None of that soap opera crap I'm used to from Smallville. The JSA characters that the actors portrayed were dead on. The costumes looked perfect.

Plus, Stargirl was giving me a Ed Hardy.

17. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I hated Hawkman's costume, Im concinced that he'll always look like shit in live action. However, I liked his voice. It fit much much better than Bale's Batman. And as for Clark's black costume. I would love to see Superman switch to something like this. The red/blue/yellow never did appeal to me.

18. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    i like the black on clark has his costume, it seems alot more realistic, and would blend better if anyone else trys to get him on camera.

i loved the episoide has a whole, but i am bummed about the tease of green lantern/berry alan. it would be great to start seeing the big heroes like the lantern, wonder woman, and batman. i know we most likly wont because of the movies being worked on, and infringement of licenses and all. also i dont think the rings power and aura of the lanterns would translate to well on tv, it hasnt before besides on cartoon.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great episode. My favorite line was "I'm the last survivor of Mars...there's a reason for that." Icicle was really lame though. Stargirl was portrayed pretty much perfectly. All the JSA actors were pretty good IMO.

20. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of interest did Clark have an active roll in this episode, or was the main character shoved off to supporting roll like so many of the previous episodes?