Smallville: Anybody still watching? (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gears, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know Smallville isn't getting as much hype as "Heroes," but I'm still tuning in. This week's episode was pretty cool. Green Arrow was getting hot and heavy with Lois Lane when he left to save a car-jacking victom and GA ends up getting shot. But he's ok since he's taking a super-healing drug. The drug also has the side-effect of increased anger-issues and GA ends up putting Lois in the hospital inadvertantly. Later GA almost kills Lex Luthor but luckily Clark comes to the rescue. Also Ma Kent and Lionel Luthor have a lil' flame between them growing. But the biggest shocker of the night comes at the end: Lana has been having dizzy spells lately, so she goes to the doctor to see what's wrong with her. The doctor informs Lana that she's PREGNANT... And Lex is the daddy! Good times.

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Say WHAT?!?!

Want to bet that this happened when Zod posessed Lex. And that this kid ages quickly to his teen years to become Zod reborn.

And yes I watch Smallville every Sunday, the guy who plays Green Arrow used to play Fox Crane on NBC's Passions.

And at first I didn't get the GA thing. As because of JLU TAS I know him as Ollie not Oliver. But once I saw him shoot from the skyscraper and even more so see his costume for the party. Then I put 2 and 2 together

3. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Ive been watching. Caught up with DVDs middle of last season, this is my first full watching from start.

I know it's a WB/CW show, and was originally designed to be a teen drama angle, but it's grown beyond that, even if they don't want it as so. They need to get on with it. The end of last season was phenominal with the Zod angle and the "end of Earth" stuff, and boom, they wrap it up and go back to the "I love Lana" "Im so sad" crap. I enjoy this cannon better than the original, if they would just stop with the mushy slop and focus on the Superhero stuff, would be one of the best shows on TV.

SPOILER...

There is an episode called "Justice" which has credits for all of the DC cameos done so far later on in the season. Green Arrow is gonna basically start the Justice League with Flash, Aquaman, the Bionic dude, and Clark. That should be good. See where it goes. No Batman, Wonder Woman - Movie rights conflict.

4. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thought had also crossed my mind...:ev: 

5. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

I like how GA keeps getting in CK's face about how he should be helping the world with his power. Of course CK just frowns at the idea.

As for lana I found it amusing how she regrets past choices only to end up sitting 12 feet from Lex at the table.

6. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    nope, I missed most of last weeks episode, and this weeks episode, I skipped entirely

this season isn't very appealing

7. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Smallville has took a huge dive to me. I used to really like watching, now I watch and wonder why I'm even watching the show. There are no likeable characters any more. Clark is a pansy and Lana is just a hateful ex.

My only plus to the show is Lois. And Green Arrow is a jerk for not getting back the apartment sooner....

Marvel has the right idea bringing all their stuff under one roof, I hope it works for them.

The Smallville producers wanted to bring Wonder Woman into the show, but as it has been said before, it conflicts with film rights. DC, grow a pair and take some action.

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smallville's just meh for me this season. I still watch, but Heroes moves a lot faster, and actually seems to have a purpose in mind. Smallville just kinda ambles. And instead of 'meteor freaks' this season, we get 'Zoners.' Again: meh.

-Tony!

9. gil

gil Godmaster

I actually want to watch it, but there's no CW in Hawaii with my cable network. Booo. Well, at least I don't have to sit through Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill anymore (my girlfriend loves those shows)

10. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    I've been enjoying the series, but I also find it stupid that they can't get hold of characters with movies "in progress". I've been thinking that since season 2, when the rumours about pre-Bats Bruce Wayne turning up surfaced for the first time... the general public is smart enough these days to not confuse two separate takes on the characters, so why can't we have Diana, or Bruce? Or the Titans or anyone else for that matter. Although I suppose the route they're going is that Supes was really the first superhero and he was the catalyst for the others coming out of the woodwork... although for some reason I always see Batman being older than Superman.

11. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

This season looks like it is going to have a lot of good turns. I can't wait till Clark finally starts his training, no that he has decided to.

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only qualm with that show (I have been watching since day 1) is Lana Lang...I am now at the point where I absolutely cannot stand her.

Lois on the other hand...[borat]Very Niiiiiiiice![/borat]

13. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Well said,half the time it's like her scenes are just filler for the show.

14. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I used to watch it. It was cool in its early days. But later I had to force myself to watch it. Then I missed the season 5 finale so I just stopped watching it.

15. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

im waiting for batista to tear peoples spines out:yuck 

16. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

That's Cyborg from the Teen Titans. There's one other hero on the team too; a certain Oreo-loving Martian.

17. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that's how they're going to end the series. In the old movies, when Clark did his training, didn't it take like 15 years or something? I think the last EP of Smallville, Clark's gonna say goodbye to everyone, and go off to train.

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah. seems the training thing is gonna be end of the season material since clark was all

"oh ill start my training. but after i spend the season tracking down the zoners...THEN ill do it...maybe..... >___>"

i have to agree with the consensus. MAN was i hoping the news from the doctor was Lana had cancer or something. woulda been the best part of the last episode. but nooooo..shes pregnant instead. first couple seasons Lana was hawt. now i hate her.

have to say that i like the way this season is going so far though. seems a bit more important now that we're seeing the phanton zone, zod, kryptonians [or other aliens who knew kryptonians], and that superman-ish stuff.

my family and i still watch avidly, but we do anticipate Heroes a bit more. like ya said, seems to move faster and have a real point/story to tell

19. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I watching, but God knows why I do.
    Every week it's the same old formula.
    Villain of the week shows up, does something to show up on Clark's radar. He sets out to stop him, usually poping into Lex's house to quiz him if he's there.
    Villain is defeated usually about the 30min mark then we have 10min of wrap up and 'What did we learn this week'

20. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So this week Lex got zapped into an alternate frequency, which was kind of cool. Clark battle a flesh-eating alien played by wrestler Batista, who was kind of lame. But the best part of the episode had to be when the alien gets defeated not by Clark, but by...............................THE MARTIAN MANHUNTER! :rock  The Oreos on the ground were a nice touch. Also this week Lex proposed marriage to Lana. I really liked the creepy music during the proposal. :thumb