Smallville: 4/6/06 Spoilers !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gears, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tonight's episode was so freakin awesome! :thumb  Big props to Kristen Kreuk for playing Lana as a very convincing "junkie." The injecting K into their bodies was kind of wonko, but it made for some interesting story twists. Lana saw her dead parents while in K induced "death." Clark running at lightning speed to Honduras to search for Brainiac was so cool. Lex getting injected with the K and seeing his dead mother foretell his future as a mass murderer gave me chills. And then the icing on the cake of this episode: Clark reuniting with Johnathan on the other side while Clark almost died, and Johnathan revealing to Clark that he died protecting his secret from Lionel...and that Lionel know's ALL of Clark's secrets. So the cat's out of the bag now! I got goosebumps seeing Johnathan again, albeit briefly. And then the smug way Lionel took Clark's mother out to dinner right in front of Clark, what a piece of scum. The way Lionel said Clark's name, to show he know's Clark's hiding that he's an alien, was so smug, and Clark's face was priceless. The season's gettin' good folks! :rock 

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I wished Clark would've told his mom right then and there, in front of Lionel.

3. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I loved the episode. Especially the Jonathon kent part. I can't wait for next week's.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the photo that Lional showed John on the night of his death had something to do with Clark? I assume it was something to do with John's past like an affair or something. I was afraid of the "affair" route because if it was that route, it sorts of cheapen John's character and legacy as a goody-2 shoes.

5. Eradicator

Apparently so. I agree an affair would've cheapened his character. You know I never really thought about what Lionel showed Jonathon until you mentioned that. I assumed it was some kind of document. I didn't really even make the connection it was a photo; just some damaging document.

Actually making it a photo or something that revealed he knew clark's secret makes his endeing even more appropriate. He's wanted to deck Lionel since the begining, but making it about Clark makes that hit even more satisfying.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't say its a photo for certain but it did looked like John was looking at some photos...and when lionel was struggling to get up after his beating, his hand seemed to be reaching out for a crumpled photo...

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I assumed it was the adoption papers. Didn't Lionel help them with the adoption papers in the very first episode in the flashback?

It was cool to see John again. The show doesn't seem right without him.

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I have to questions:

1-What's K?

2-Brainiac is still alive?!?!!??! Awesome!!! :rock 

Can't wait to see this episode. :rock 

9. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    K = Kryptonite.

10. Eradicator

Yes he did, but it was obviously more if it dealt with Clark's secret. Althouh that may have my line of thinking at the time as well.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You missed something in Lex's encounter. When his mother mentioned he was going to murder a bunch of people he had a glove on his right hand. Back in the 80s that's the hand he lost from radiation poisoning due to the Kryptonite ring he wore for so many years.

12. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I thought the glove had something to do with that too. :) 

13. Eradicator

I noticed the glove. I didn't know about the kryptonite ring. I just thought it meant he bacame an assassin for a while or used it to kill so he didn't have to touch his victims or something like that.

14. Lord Of Tetris

Me too. When I saw that episode, I just assumed that the black glove meant that he's gonna be evil. Black leather is a favorite of villains, after all.

The losing-the-hand thing makes sense, too.

What did Lex mean when he said he knows a lot about losing a parent? If I remember correctly, Lex didn't "lose" Lionel...Lionel was pretty much always evil, and it was Lex that ended up not wanting to see him. I honestly don't remember how Lex "lost" his mom, though...

Oh, and did anyone else think Lex's mom was kinda hot?

15. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *raises hand*

16. Eradicator

I figured he meant losing his mom. I'm wanting to say she either died in childbirth of his brother or committed suiside after Lex's brother died. Something along those lines.

Forgot to mention, his mom did look pretty good.

17. Lord Of Tetris

Would "Julian" be Lex's brother? I read the comics intermittently, but my knowledge of Lex Luthor is mostly based on Justice League/Superman:TAS, and the Reeve movies, neither of which mention a brother.

Also, I had just read Infinite Crisis issue 6 when I saw that episode, and when Lex's mom called him Alexander, I realized that Rosenbaum would be a pretty decent Alexander Luthor for a live-action Crisis movie.

18. Eradicator

I believe so yes.