Smallville 2/8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

What a lame episode. The last few eps since Pa Kent died have really sucked.

"Not only are we going to kill off one of the best characters, but two episodes later we're going to showcase one of the worst (you know, the one we should've killed) with a story no one gives a damn about."

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I thought it was a very good episode really.

Next week is going to rock though. CYBORG!

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually it aired on the 9th. The episode tried to pull off a "horror" theme. The only horror was trying to watch it without changing the channel. The plot made no sense and I have no idea what Chloe did to the weirdo at the end. One part that intrigued me was when Lex was on the phone asking about the whereabouts of the college professor. Hopefully this is a forshadowing of Brainiac's return. The only good part of this ep was the preview for next week with Cyborg.:thumb 

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    give it up Smallville, you're not Supernatural.. stick to what you do best.. the story of clark kent! :) 

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I have no problem with them taking characters from the superman line or history, but when you have to reach out to the Teen Titans to get a character.....that's bad.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Mmm Chloe in the shower......................

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    When you say Cyborg, you mean "THE" Cyborg? Wow!

8. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    half way through, my fiance turned to me and said "wow, the writing for this show has gotten really bad!"

i expect season 6 to be the last, if not this season. still, every third episode seems to be decent. cyborg looks like it will be a good one.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Well first off it was confirmed even before season 5 began that season five WILL BE the last season.

Second Cyborg did not originate from teen titans. DO NOT use cartoons as yoru source book on superheroes. But i will do the same and say that cyborg was a character in the Superfriends Cartoon.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

10. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

what was the ep. called??

11. Jux

Except, it wasn't, and it almost certainly won't be. :D 

Interview with Alfred Gough:

and

and from a separate interview

The original plan was for Smallville to run, at most, seven seasons. Prior to the fifth season premiere, the plan was to go at LEAST six seasons. Every interview this season has implied that there will still be a sixth season, it's just not official because of the UPN/WB merger and that's just taking time to finalize contracts.

12. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I am still back in season 2 and totally enjoying it although I have seen some of season 4 and 5 now. I would like to see a little more flying at some point and its obviously not happening this season. I know they dont want to do flying in this seres, but the SFX were excellent in the season 4 flying sequence.

13. Jux

I've watched some of Season 1, and all of season 2 up to the present episodes in the last few months just to refresh myself on the series. I forgot how much I enjoyed seasons 3 and 4. Season 5 inches him closer to flying, he uses a super jump that has a lot of the same effects as the S4 flying, but I doubt they'll do it for real until the end of the series.

14. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Amen Brother. BUT next week -> Enter:Cyborg. I hope its gonna kick ass.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Im still going down in cyberspace saying this will be the last season. I can't see it going further with the release of the superman film franchise.

my 2 cents and there aint a thing you can copy and paste to change my mind :) 

Thanx
    Transbot90210

16. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

2 seasons. 26, hour long episodes of Lois just walking around naked. Highest ratings EVAH! :lol 

17. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I never heard it was going to be cancelled before or after fifth season... there was a period up until the new movie went into production (around season 2-3) that I was hearing rumours it would because the filmmakers didn't want the competition, but I haven't heard anything from the network or production crew or cast even that it should or would be cancelled since that time.

Second, Cyborg DID originate from the comics, just not Teen Titans. DC Comics Presents #26, dated October 1980 - his first appearance in Superfriends was 1984. Both facts from Wiki ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_%28comics%29 ) if you want to check them out. Didn't use comics or cartoon show to back it up, either, so does that now make me wrong?

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

Yes I know...that was my point, Cyborg was a comic character LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before teen titans. I just yused reference to Superfriends because Im no expert and didnt know his origin. I just wanted to state he was around long before teen titans.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

19. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I've never really liked many of the horror episodes and this one was no different. I just don't find the horror eps of Smallville very enjoyable for some reason.

20. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Actually Cyborg DID start in Teen Titans, his origin was in DC Comics Presents number 26 then he only got use when Raven got him to join the New Teen Titans when she reformed the team to fight her Father.

Cyborg has always been a Titans Character. So perhaps you should follow your own advice?