Customs: smaller models?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Sep 15, 2008.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I'm not sure where to put this, exactly. Its a request, but not for a custom figure- but for some parts. Anyhoo...

My friend, who lives by the motto "if you're gonna start some where, start at the top" (did I mention he has an ego the size of Fortress Maximus?) keeps egging me on to make a custom figure of my fan-character Highway, even though I just started modding figures. To shut him up (since punching a friend in the mouth is a very poor strategy of keeping friends) I figured I'd give it a shot.

My plan is to use Classics sunstreaker as the base, and reshell the figure with an El Camino- Hghway's alt-mode. Mainly because:
    1- its a common figure
    2- its still cheap, unlike Alternators- which are rare and cost Mr. Broke all the time AKA Me an arm and a leg.
    3- the transformation is only slightly different, which is acceptable.

Does anyone know if they even make models this small? I'm hardly a sculptor (in fact this weakness almost made me fail my art courses in high-school) so making the parts from scratch is definately out of the question. If they don't make this model of car in that size, does anyone know if they make them in the 1/24 scale of Alternators?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

well i have two 1/25 scale elcaminos a 1980 one and a 1969 the 69 is harder to find. i am not sure what scale the new figures are maybe 1/38 or something like that. i maybe willing to trade the 1980 one if you go the alt route or if you need wheelbase measurments let me know as well

3. underwear-ninja

I'd rather have the 69' version, but I understand not wanting to part with the rarer model so the 80' model would be just fine with me. I'm not sure if I have anything worth trading, but if you give me some ideas of what you'd like I could see if I have it and can part with it.

Now that would just bring up what figure to use as a base with such a scale...

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

pmed ya :) 

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

6. underwear-ninja

Longarm has an entirely different Transformation scheme than I have in mind (I've already got a few concepts sketched out) but that would be an okay idea if I could find a model in that scale.