Smaller G1 leadership boxset problems?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by deathonacracker, Jul 28, 2011.

1. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    Hey everyone. I hope this is the right place o post this. I tried to do a search but I'm on my phone so it's a lot harder to go though all of the posts.

I just received the 25 anniversary matrix boxset from eBay. This is the thinner version with the sleeves, not the cases. And while it was sealed, I opened it to find a big old mess in terms of the DVDs and the paper "trays" that are suppose to hold them. Most if not all of the cardboard pieces were torn and/or pulled away from the glue. The DVDs were n little cheap plasice protectors and some had fallen out. I checked and they looked ok. No scratches. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be a bootleg or maybe the seller resealed it? It didn't look tampered with, however I also noticed that while the stickers were unharmed, the sticker sheet wasn't cut even either.

Before I contact the seller. Wanted to see if others had any of the same problems. I only paid $28 +shipping. For it so as long as they play, it's not a huge deal. Just curious.

Thanks!

2. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't the thinner Matrix style box set a foreign version not made by Shout? I do not know if I would use the term bootleg, but I thought that was mentioned once before

3. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    It says mfg by shout...

4. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    Meh. The seller has a perfect record so im not personally blaming him but this set is also missing the 60 page booklet. I've informed him about this. Maybe he can discount the item or let me ship it back free of charge. Nothing feels worse in ebayland than being the fist person to give someone with a great track record a negative rating.

*edit*

finally got a search on TFW and found a video linking to this bootleg version of the boxset. im currently working with the seller on a possible refund.