Small (quantity, not scale) Titanium Haul

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Got 6" Megatron and the 6" Galactica today.

I'll get Megatron out of the way first, with this stunning picture that captures his essence:

[​IMG]

That's about it. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but my Titanium Megatron is a flimsy, fall-apart-at-the-touch, weak-ass toy. Hardly a "toy," if you were to take the ideas of "playability" and "fun" out of the definition of "toy." He makes for a great collectors item, so long as you NEVER TOUCH HIM EVER. Because if you do...

[​IMG]

HE DOES THIS! FANTASTIC FALL-APART ACTION!

Now, on the complete opposite side of the spectrum is the Galactica, which is just amazing. Instead of like 20 pictures of the same ship, here's one semi-orthographic pic:

[​IMG]

She's got excellent details, really distinct sculpting - almost as good as the resin kit that exists in the garage kit market - and it captures the badassery of the Galactica you see in each episode on Sci-Fi. It gave me THE FAN BOY GIDDIES. I like it lots.

Here's a super-crappy, nearly-no-time-spent photoshop of Galactica with some ragtag fleet ships from my own collection.

[​IMG]

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

TIT Megs is a perfect example of why plastic is simply superior to diecast... *prepares to have rocks thrown at him* Heavy, awkward, and limited posability. Boo :thumbdown 

But that Battlestar Galactica thing looks kinda cool... although I have to say that the design of the ship itself just seems too plain... it's kind of like a giant metal dinner roll flying through space... *shrugs*

Sorry for throwing a sh*t fest in your direction, I don't mean to be overly critical (nothing personal bud). It's just... I'm a little ho-hum on the TIT stuff...

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey that ship is pretty cool, I like the pic you whipped up too.:thumb 

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sweet haul. Yeah that Megs is so bad Im scared to even leave him in robot mode alone. Afraid I'll walk away and *clink clink clink break*
    Try and throw him away and watch the garbage can throw it back

Hey , is that a medicine bottle?? Now THAT'S original!

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think the problem with tit Megs is weight from being diecast; I think it's that they used plastic pop-in joints to try to support it. If they're used metal joints, or even plastic with a pin through it, he'd be fine. I mean still pretty ugly and stuff, but none of the dismemberment action.

What other ships is the Galactica shipping with? I want to get one (as my only 6" ship) and I can't even tell if I've seen remnants of a case around.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I THINK it ships with the Titanium 6" Millenium Falcon, as I saw one or two of those in the same line of boxes where I saw the Galactica. The Falcons are, so far as I know, new, so I think they're part of the same case assortment.

EDIT: Oh, and I returned Titanium Megatron to Target and got my $15 back. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    theres a 6" galactica?! o_O 

i only gots a 3" one :( 

its from the new series right?

i like the old one when the fighters are exiting the hangar bay *chuk a chuk a chuk a chuk a chuk a*

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If that Galctica ship were supposed to transform, it'd be just as flimsy and y'all wouldn't be praising it so much higher than Megatron.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Which is why there should be a Titanium Spaceball One.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    The difference - at least for me - is that I don't really care if well-designed starships transform or not. See, there isn't any large-scale mold of this Galactica model available for retail AT ALL, unless you count the garage kit that's difficult to find.

On the other hand, there have been quite enough Megatron toys, some of which have a quality far superior to this one.

If they'd have released the Galactica as a transforming robot, I probably would be complaining, but on principle alone - I don't want a Galactica transforming robot, I just wanted a nice, large-scale representation of the ship.

11. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I have both as well and the Galactica indeed rocks.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have cancelled my preorder for Jetfire :(  This line altogether doesn't sound like much fun.
    (I'll probably pick up RiD Prime just for the character's sake.)

Might be OK for MISB collectors, though not for me.

14. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Most, if not all of Megatron's problems are nothing to do with diecast. He just sucks.

Phazer

15. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol  Yep, great display piece ONLY.