Fan Art: Small project, help wanted

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by AlphaTrionA3, May 1, 2011.

1. AlphaTrionA3

AlphaTrionA3 Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm currently trying to get some creative people together to work on a Transformers online comic and I'm not sure where I can go to attract some like-minds to the project.

I need another writer and an artist. Of course no money will come from it. It's just something a lot of other fans might enjoy reading. I suppose exposure could be payment enough, I mean if it's popular who knows what it could lead to.

Anyway... is there some place to go and try to find the right people to join my little project?

2. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    Think this would be the place to hunt down a team. Might try posting in the General forum as well. Personally, I would love to pitch in on the writing side. I occasionally write short stories for fun, and would enjoy the challenge of writing for a comic. I've published on fanfiction.net under another nick (non-transformers related stories), have had articles (tech related) published online, and spend a good portion of my time writing for my job. Only sad/bad part about the job related writing is that it's all dry, technical, mumbo-jumbo, which is about as opposite from creative writing as one can get.

I have no experience with writing for comics, though I have a TON of them. I'm currently working on my Transformers collection. Just asked a fellow tfw2005'er for guideance on the order to read them in the hopes of preserving continuniuty whenever possible. If we plan to follow a previous comic line, odds are good I already have it in house.

Seriously hope someone on the project understands how to develop a comic (the process), best practices, and how to work with a distributed team. Those will be definite challenges for developing a comic. I have a lot of experience working with distributed teams and should be able to help work out management/communication related aspects for the team once I understand the process. On a side note, love me some process. I'm a huge process geek, development (Objectory, RUP, Extreme, Agile, etc), BPM (Business Process Management), and anything else I run across such as Toyota's Lean process.

Oh, and I can throw together a site for it in a heart beat with any capabilities we like. Guess there is a benefit to the tech aspect of my writing. ;) 

PM me if you're interested and we can exchange contact information and discuss next steps.