Small Prime figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kittie Rose, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

I'm looking for a Prime to display with my 3" Titaniums and LOC figures. The LOC Prime is pretty cute but his alt sucks compared to the larger Cyb Primes and he looks kind of weedy compared to Megatron and Starscream and even Hot shot.

I really loved the little flashlight prime but it can't Transform. I'd love a little Armada Prime that looks like the one from the VG. WST Prime is too small and plain, Hybrid Convoy is way too expensive and I'm not sure I want another G1 Prime right after buying Masterpiece Convoy. I don't mind which series it's from, as long as it looks like Prime.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Try Robotmasters Prime, he's pretty good.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

There's always some pvc's or those mini statues that look like stamps. They're only about2- 3" tall , but they don't transform.
    Maybe better off waiting for Classics Prime. He just looks perfect in size and playability.

You cna always go for the supercute MyClone Prime. They make both robot and alts modes for it. Or you can get an Attacktix Cybertron prime

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If you can find them look out for the Kabaya Superlink Convoy & Convoy Force toys. I picked them up at Botcon in 2004 and they are superb:
    [​IMG]
    Thay're usually pretty cheap, if you can find them. That's them on the left (the one on the right is tha Takara Pla-Kit Grand Convoy).
    [​IMG]
    Bottom right corner, behind the Pla-Kit one (for size comparisons with other primes/Convoys)..

5. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

Nice Prime collection, Draven!

I stopped collecting when I got the MP Prime. I just have the HOC one with Prime looking into his wrist monitor and the Cybertron Armada repaint Prime. I don't know if anyone meant these when mentioning the PVC ones, but there are the Super Collector Figure ones that look pretty nice. I'm trying to get the G1 Megatron one at the moment.

6. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

I really need a small one. If you've seen my action figure comic you'll know what I'm looking for.

http://www.thetf.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=5336&PN=1

Something to fit into that lot. I like Cybertron Prime a lot but the LOC one isn't as posable as the other LOC figures and has a weak alt mode that's very small.

I've seen an Armada Prime around that size, I think it was a japanese figure though. I just can't remember what it was called. My limit is pretty much 4 inches.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think one of the hybrid styles is really what you want for that. The Myclone is good too though, and much cheeper.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd definitely say go for the Hybrid one. or the G2 Gobot version.

9. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Do the Kabaya toys Transform?

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

you lookin for little primes? take your pick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. There were sold as 2 sets; Convoy, and the 4 "limbs" ("Convoy Force"). The quality is superb. I can try to get you a few more pics if you want, but it'll be a day or 2 (having a major tidy-up around the house).
    There's a Superlink Megatron one too (which I also have), which is also awesome.

12. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

I see they've gone Galaxy Force Kabayas, they Transform too? They look like better versions of LOC. Did they ever do an Armada one?

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know; I wouldn't mind knowing that myself. Be warned, though; kabayas are addictive. I picked up these Car Robots Kabayas at botcon too:
    [​IMG]
    They don't transform, but all the armour is transparent and the 'bots are fully detailed under it. they did a set of 5 (Fire Convoy, Super Fire Convoy, Wildride, Mach Alert, and Speedbreaker).
    Of course, you could always use Happy meal Prime:
    [​IMG]
    ;) 

14. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

I LOVE Fire Convoy. I can see how they're addictive. It'd be great if they did Transform, maybe they did make one at some point. Thanks for the pics.

I don't know which to get now. Galaxy Force, Superlink, or Car Robots. I guess I'll have to decide which is most like the Optimus Prime in my comic. I used LOC Prime, even though he was originally a different character in Galaxy force he looks a lot like G1 Prime, "But he's in space!".

Any pics of their alt modes?

I'm using 3 Inch Titanium Bumblebee and Jazz meaning "not real" alt modes. I have this little VW Bug toy(well actually several) I'm going to shrink down and paste as Bumblebee's alt mode. No idea on Jazz, probably photos of Alt Jazz. I'd rather not do that though as it means I have to keep their transformations to a minumum. Plus they're not as fun to play with even if they look cool.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'll get you some pics of the Kabaya Superlink Convoy stuff in the next day or so; for now, here is a group shot of the "small" Primes/Convoys I have:
    [​IMG]
    L-R: WST Anime Convoy, Wonder Festival 2002 exclusive PVC Convoy (with truck mode, and Megatron in gun mode), Beast Wars Metals Convoy Jr, Kabaya Car Robots Fire Convoy & Super Fire Convoy, RID Spychanger Scourge, RID Spychanger Prime (that one could work well, especially since you're a Fire Convoy fan), Kabaya Grand Convoy (& Convoy Force), Takara Pla-Kit Grand Convoy.
    My entire Prime/Convoy collection, incidentally, can be seen here:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/delia.billingham/SD/ToyPics/Primes/primes.htm
    You never know, you might get an idea for one to use that I forgot about.
    Damn. I badly need to do some new pics; I haven't taken any in quite a while (missing out Star Convoy, Classics Prime, and a few others). Page 3 (if it works) also has the Takara Black Rodimus (since you were asking in your other thread about whether it was a good toy or not).
    Hope all that helps.

16. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

The fact that they have to transform is going to be a problem. That really limits your options as to what you can accept.

17. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Hmmm, there's that Transformers Universe Prime, he's basically a spychanger, or the Fire Truck RID Prime is also prolly 3.5" tall too I'd say

18. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Can you link me to the 3.5" RiD Prime? That'd be perfect thanks, if it's the one with the G1 esque head. What do the Kabaya Superlink Convoy's Alt mods look like? They look fantastic too. I'd probably go for the Grand Convoy one as it doesn't have the "pot belly" problem quite so much.

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    These don't transform. Might be nice to display, but no posability and the plastic isn't very good.
    Compared to Superlink ones they are awful.

[​IMG]

How about Kabaya GF blockformers (can't remember the exact name)? I only have Nitoro Convoy, but I think they are about the size of LoCs.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'll get some pics up for you tomorrow (time & free PC time permitting; I'm working on a couple of entries for the Botcon art contest at the moment). If by Grand Convoy you mean the takara one (the smaller of the 2), it's a kit. And frankly it's nice, but not nearly as good as the Kabayas.