Minor/Repaint: Small Conversion While Waiting on Parts....

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Stormvapor, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

This was a small conversion I did with a busted BW Grimlock and a parts missing BM Dinotron.
    I used Grimlock's head and tail, on a missing parts Dinotron body. Then I cut off the long nose of Grimlock. I then re-sculpted said nose and added the brow horns over the eyes. I added the nose ridge as well. Lastly I painted up sections that were just there (I liked the white and green contrast of the two figures, so i just made the transition a bit better).
    Now instead of transforming into a fat velociraptor, he now transforms into a fat carnotaurus :) 
    Enjoy:

Name: Onitron
    Function: Ronin
    Motto: "My destiny shall be made by my own hand."
    Strength: 7
    Speed:6
    Intelligence:7
    Courage:9
    Endurance:9
    Skill:10
    Firepower:6
    Profile: A bot with no allegiance, Onitron left Cybertron to wonder the universe in search of his destiny. Upon hitching a ride on the Maximal starship Axalon as one of her stasis pods bound for transport to another world. When the Axalon was rerouted to pursue the renegade Predacon Megatron, his was one of the pods that were jettison to the prehistoric Earth while the Axalon and Darksyde battled and ultimately falling towards the planet below. While the Predacons and Maximals renewed their conflict on the surface, Onitron's stasis pod was left alone, from either faction's attentions. There it scanned the surrounding area and found a beast mode fitting for Onitron... Carnotaurus.
    Onitron stayed out of the conflict ensuing on the primitive Earth. Instead he explored the planet. He found and dealt with the technologies left behind by the Vok. There he acquired his weaponry: a fashioned sword and rifle. He then sought for wreckage to build himself a starship to get off the rock he was on.
    A master of many martial arts from many worlds, Onitron possesses a structured mind, his ability to control his emotions has aided him immensely. He has a natural chameleon-like ability to camouflage with is surroundings, this renders him invisible to the naked optic of his opponents. It also serves to conceal Onitron from the warring factions, to which he wants nothing to do with. Onitron has battled with both the Maximals and the Predacons if the occasion suited his needs. He is known to just enter the fray, fight, and leave just as suddenly.
    Onitron's motives are a mystery to factions, as he does not seem to be after any real goal. He has been called out numerous times by many from either side, answering all the challenges made to him. This often has led to the embarrassment of the opponent. Onitron does not kill an adversary unless it is the only option available, and then it is a swift act. After the taking of a spark, Omnitron will speak a prayer for that spark so it finds its way to the allspark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

Nice job!

3. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

Wow this was a great idea!

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Cool.

5. The Diggs

The Diggs Mad Scientist

Ebay:
    Alright! Haven't seen a Beast Era custom in a while!!

Superb sculpting on the dino nose...did you sculpt the stubby Carnotaurus arms from scratch?

I also love how you (hopefully) lifted the chameleon-camoflage ability from the Carnotaurus in The Lost World arcade game. If not, happy accident.

Great work!

6. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I like it (especially the arms). By the way, are you going to paint it any more, or is it supposed to be like the camouflaged Carnotaurs from Michael Crichton's The Lost World? Either way, it looks cool and that's a nice way to improvise between two incomplete toys.

7. Stormvapor

Thanks mates!

Thanks mate. Yeah, I sculpted the carnotaurus arms from scratch, although they do utilize the ball joint from the upper arms of dinotron.
    And yes I did base his chameleon-like ability as an homage to Crichton's Lost World Jurassic Park rendition of the carnotaurus, but it was from the book, as I have never played the game(same difference though) :) 

8. Stormvapor

well I am leaving the paint scheme as is, I just added more green to the white sections to better transition the two colours ( really liked how the two colours contrast each other). I also painted his head to make it more distinct. Also, if you remember (if you read the book) Crichton discribes the carnotaurs as pale-white when the like hit them, but they turned into the colours of surrounding area, so it kinda works :) 

9. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Awesome, always nice to see a new dino-form.

10. Stormvapor

thanks mate