Small changes for ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by swampflight, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    what, you mean something like having two entire constructicons that would transform into just those alone? lol

"Transforms from Robot to left nut and back again."

or

"The Challenge is in the change.... purse".

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    And might I add;

5. .. a longer battle betwen the Fallen and Prime.
    6. More Autobot lines.

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Still doesn't change the movie on a mass scale.

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Let's see....

I'm surprised no one has mentioned my one biggest want....

Can we maybe get at least one sentence to freakin' explain where The Fallen was this whole time? Or at least a passing sentence about where he came from since he wasn't involved in TF1 at all? (he should have been in the pyramid trapped with the sun eater, imo) And yes, I read the comic, but it was poorly conceived, and felt really tacked-on and made on the fly.

Now then, the rest:

Cut way down on the college scenes. In fact, I don't even need the entire Pretender scene AT ALL. It served no purpose other than alternative T&A to Megantron. (< copyright!)

MORE SIDESWIPE.

Reign in Leo a bit.

Clarify Constructicons.

MORE SIDESWIPE.

Cut back a little on hip-hop brothers, add in more Jolt/bike sisters.

MORE SIDESWIPE. (damn, he's good)

Or, take the Shanghai scene, the Forest scene and the end battle, lengthen them, and make that the whole movie. (j/k)

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    - decepticons greatly outnumbering the autobots... with the autobots still winning, instead of 6 autobots hunting down a small decepticon like sideways...
    - more "real gear robots" like the nokiabot or the frenzy nokiabot version and of course dispensor...

6. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

Make Devastator, Demolishor and Fallen more threatening and harder to kill.

Have Sideways take a few shots at Sideswipe, to justify killing him.

Have Megatron get a few more hits in on Optimus in the forest battle. He was seriously depowered, compared to how he almost beat Optimus in Movie 1.

Basically, don't let the Decepticons look like wusses. They got the short end of the stick in this movie.

7. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Okay, where to start. Aaaaahm.... okay:

1. More lines from the robots, especially Decepticons, because the only ones who actually said something were Megatron, Starscream, The Fallen, Demolishor and Soundwave. Come to think of it, why not have every freakin' robot in the movie talk? What's the point of putting them in a movie when they're just gonna stand there when they have their 2 seconds of screentime?

2. Less plotholes. I hate al those unexplained things.

3. Longer fight between Optimus and The Fallen.

4. The Fallen should've been freed out of a special prison or something by Megatron instead of The Fallen being on that Decepticon ship all along.

5. Let Bumblebee speak.

6. No, and I repeat, NO clones. Atleast not without explanation. All those Constructicon clones, the Bonecrusher clone and even Grindor (who pretty much was the same as Blackout) were stupid as hell. Why couldn't the constructicons just fight and in the middle of the fight combine? The Bonecrusher clone was not needed at all. And instead of just putting Grindor in there without explanation, they could've just made Blackout be revived by the other Decepticons along with Megatron. That scene would've taken like 5 seconds.

7. No unexplained disappearances (For example: Wheelie, Skids and Mudflap).

8. Some Decepticon survivors besides Megatron and Starscream! I know Soundwave survived, too but he wasn't in battle.

9. Show us some scenes where a freakin' robot takes out a robot and NOT the military. Okay, the military should take out some robots, but not everyone. In the first movie, we atleast saw Jazz, Ratchet and Ironhide fighting Brawl and eventually Bumblebee taking him down. I really missed scenes like that in ROTF.

God, I could go on and on about things I would've changed. Still I liked the movie, but it could've been A LOT better.

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Lol there were more robots killing robots then humans killing robots dude.

Optimus killing grindor
    Bumblebee killing rampage and ravage
    Jetfire killing Mixmaster and Scorponox
    Sideswipe killing Sideways
    Optimus killing the fallen

Just to name a few.
    For a 2 hour movie that's a lot of robo killing.

9. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

In the desert battle (not counting Optimus vs Fallen) we get Bumblebee vs Rampage & Ravage and Jetfire vs Mixmaster & Scorponok. But those are 4 deaths out of what? 40? Why not have some hand to hand combat shots of Ironhide, Ratchet, Jolt or Sideswipe vs the decepticons?

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Because they didn't have enough time to squeeze all that into the movie. The movie wrapped up editing 2 weeks before release. Besides this CGI battling cost money :/

11. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

thats almost canon.

12. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

Some changes I think would be cool

Hey guys, I'm new here. Been stalking the forums for a while but just decided to join the fun. Alright, let's start with some of the changes I would have liked to see:

ADD BREAKAWAY FROM THE GAME: How cool would it have been if the Autobots would finally have someone in the air to counter Starscream? I can just imagine the air dog fight between Starscream and Breakaway in Egypt. Speaking of which, where was Starscream after he attacked the Twins, Bumblebee, Sam, Leo, Simmons and Mikaela?

MORE ROBOT INTERACTION: This would be a piece of cake to change. One example, when the Twins were arguing and fighting in Shanghai, make Ironhide call them over his comm link and put them in their place to make them actually useful in battle. Small touches like these would probably help a lot.

TALKING ROBOTS = GOOD ROBOTS: To be honest, when I first saw Revenge of the Fallen, I didn't even realized that Jolt was there because he was just so unimportant (I'm not counting where he helped Ratchet power up Prime). So, make him talk! Same for the Constructicons.

NO CLONES: That pissed me off actually. You've got so many cool Robots in the movies, but that doesn't mean you had to use more after their death. It takes away from their previous appearance and makes them less unique. Best examples are Crushboner, Grindor and the Constructiclones. Why not just use the Dreadwing drones from the games with Dreadwing being their commander? They have no personality, so it wouldn't really matter if they talked or not. It just sucks that Robots who HAD personality are given none. You know, it would be funny if they used Lugnut instead of Grindor in the movie. In fact, there are a lot of scenes where he could have fit in. He could have picked up Ravage and Reedman after they've took the Allspark Fragment from the humans, helped resurrect Megatron ("OH WISE AND POWERFUL MEGATRON, YOUR LOYAL SERVANT IS FILLED WITH JOY TO SEE ALIVE!") and then fight Prime in the forrest battle together with Starscream and Megatron. Speaking of which...

EXTEND THE FORREST BATTLE A LITTLE BIT: Basically, make the fight between Megatron and Prime a little bit longer to show that Megatron isn't the wuss he seems to be in this movie.

EXPLAIN WHERE THE FALLEN WAS: Someone in this thread already asked where the Fallen was the whole time in the first movie, or the Great War. That is one serious problem that doesn't make sense. So, how could we change that situation? Let it be that only MEGATRON can see the Fallen, of course! Just imagine the scene on the Nemesis, but then when Starscream arrives, let us know that only Megatron can see the Fallen. It would help fuel the distrust Starscream has in Megatrons leadership when he sees him "talking to nobody". The Fallen communicates with Megatron from the Pyramid, where he is hold prisoner. Then, in the final battle, Megatron steals the Matrix from Prime (just like the Fallen did it) and resurrects his master.

LONGER BATTLE BETWEEN PRIME AND THE FALLEN: That's pretty self explanatory (sp?).

13. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

He was searching for Sam and Mikaela between the houses. He even tore the roof off of the house they were in. He kept fighting the soldiers after that (he can be seen in the background a few times and after the air-strike by the military, he probably fled until Megatron called him for help.

14. SuperboyPrime

Ah, thanks. That must have slipped through my memory.

15. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

No problem. :p 

16. SuperboyPrime

Another thing that I would change is that, instead of Rampage kidnapping Sams parents from Paris, it should have been Barricade who abducted them. That would have lead to a brawl between Bumblebee and Barricade in Egypt instead of the Bumblebee/Rampage fight we've got (which I thought was pretty cool, but a Bumblebee/Barricade fight would have a better history). Even better would be if Barricade would somehow escaped certain death by Bumblebees hands thanks to Ravages diversion, aka death, which would open doors for one last fight between these two in Transformers 3.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i personally would just give jolt a line and show his face, along with show all the remaining Autobots on the aircraft carrier in that last shot (bot or car mode) so it wasnt just Prime and Sam. there are others, but i have a hedache, might say the rest later.

18. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Would have been nice to see a special combiner team feautured properly, as unique individuals instead of a clone army. I'd have liked to have seen them planning, working as a team etc and combining into something a bit more like the old Devastator as well. Actually doing something meaningful in that combined form instead of bumbling around after two comic relief characters would also have been welcome.

19. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

I got one word to add to all this...barricade?

20. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I probably would have a confrontation with the Fallen earlier so we know that he can't be defeated. It would have shown how urgent it was to revive Optimus. He really didn't do much til the end of the movie.