Slow.

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by GFH, Jun 22, 2012.

1. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    The site's been really slow recently. It either takes forever to load or it won't load at all. There are moments when it does work, but most of the time it's just being slow. I'm not experiencing this problem with any other sites.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hi, is this a recent thing, happening over a span of a few days or something ongoing for a prolonged period? Also, are any of our other network sites experiencing any of the same slowdowns (we're all on the same server)?

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Hi! It started the day I posted, and it's been going on a bit since. Not as much as the first day. Every so often I get a message from google saying it couldn't find what I was looking for. (which is usually the GD or my messages through the boards page) I'm not using google to reach the parts of the site I'm looking for. (I'm using Chrome, what I mean is that I'm clicking links on the site and they're bring me to google's "I can't find this page on the 'net" page)

I'm not on the other sites, I'm not really into GI Joe/Power Ranger/Thundercats. I just kinda stick around here. One forum is enough for me. :lol 

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We haven't had any server issues that should be causing lost connections. Have you tried something other than Chrome?

5. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Nah. All I've got is IE, so I'd rather just deal with Chrome. The problem isn't so bad now, I figure it'll go away sooner or later.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    GFH, I use Chrome exclusively and experience little problems. You may be having some issues that are PC related. I'd suggest cleaning out your cookies/temp files, and Shift+refreshing your browser, then see if you experience the same problems. Even if your ISP isn't having issues, sometimes a computer's capabilities and performance can bog things down simply due to processing issues.

I access the board here via Chrome on two different networks, and one is faster simply because of the particular network and machine.