slipping a little...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    anyone else get the feeling Animated has slipped a bit recently? i mean, the first season was awesome-characterization, build up to the climax-Megatron was even a major threat!! but since he got his body back, he hasnt done all that much. episodes dont get me as hyped anymore, no real EPIC battles anymore either...

plus, there isnt really a story anymore. in the first one, it was the Autobots protecting the Allspark untill reinforcements came, megatron progressively trying to get his body back. now that the Allspark is gone, the bots have no reason to stay here except for the fact that the Decepticons were there. and even still, those Autobots who could realy help finally take down the Decepticons just up and leave, and i dont even know why-i believe it was to take Starscream back, but what about Megatron and the other major threats?

episodes now just seem to be pointless filler, with one time characters and pointless plots (why would Megatron release someone once believed to be an Autobot traitor? pointless, just pointless...), even the Dinobots arent as awesome as when they first showed up. and they arent even really building up to a grand finale-season one had build ups, like Megatron trying to get a body, slowly trying different ideas such as Grimlock and Soundwave, trying to import destronium. plus, Nature calls had a FANTASTIC lead in to the finale-this season feels like its going nowhere, and fast.

the toys are still great, and its probably the best we've had in years, and i totally love this show-thats why im affraid for it.

((though i gotta say, the toys still are still TOTAL OWNAGE!!!))

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    actually, Megatron could have released Wasp to (SPOILER)
    'get the defenses off Cybertron for his invasion. though even his invasion isnt foreshadowed all that much...'
    but i still stand by everything else i said-for the moment anyways...

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I feel like Animated is in a bit of a "holding pattern" creatively as well. Hopefully things turn up a notch soon but yeah. I was very excited at first and now it's just another show I watch.

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I still really like the show and I like seeing a more episodic storyline, but, there are plot points that seem to have fallen by the wayside a bit. It does kind of bother me that there hasn't been a bigger search for Issac Sumdac. I mean Sari will bring him every once an awhile. It would have been nice maybe in A Fist Full of Energon, when the Autobots were in the Mexican Standoff with the 'Cons that they could have said something. Guess I would have liked to have seen a few more episodes dealing with more of the overall plot of the season. Maybe things will turn around for Season 3.

Still one of my favorite series though.

5. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Needs more cowbell.

In all seriousness, there have been very few episodes I don't like. But I don't expect Transformers to have a particularly deep story or involved plots, I accept it's just a glorified 22 minute commercial.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahaha, thank god I'm not uber HURR I'M EXPECTING GOD FROM THIS SERIES like some people there, I just enjoy each episode separatedly.

I don't need people bringing Soundwave back for the fans to masturbate, I don't need Grimlock acting just like the G1 dude to make fans happy, I also could care less about a building plan, all I want is Swindle being awesome, awesome scenes like Blurr's jump or Starscream being Starscream, it's a fun show and I admit I'm having ALOT of fun.

Also, didn't Magnus basically tell the Autobots to SIT THERE, DECEPTICONS HERE, YOU KEEP SHIT ON CHECK, ALSO, GET THE ALLSPARK PIECES FOR US, PLEASE?

7. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Hahaha, thank god I'm not uber HURR I'M EXPECTING GOD FROM THIS SERIES like some people there, I just enjoy each episode separatedly.

I don't need people bringing Soundwave back for the fans to masturbate, I don't need Grimlock acting just like the G1 dude to make fans happy, I also could care less about a building plan, all I want is Swindle being awesome, awesome scenes like Blurr's jump or Starscream being Starscream, it's a fun show and I admit I'm having ALOT of fun.

Also, didn't Magnus basically tell the Autobots to SIT THERE, DECEPTICONS HERE, YOU KEEP SHIT ON CHECK, ALSO, GET THE ALLSPARK PIECES FOR US, PLEASE?

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You forgot the big unlying plot point with Megs and his Space Bridge. He hasn't been sitting around doing jack all this time, he's been busy.

Also, I think it has less to do with the Elite Guard hightailing it, then the fact that Starscream (who isn't a very well-known Decepticon compared to Megs) isn't enough to prove Optimus' point entirely to Magnus. Not to mention Cybertron is constently under seige now.

I think it's not that it's slipping, but they have fewer eps this season to do stuff. I wish they had kept it even.

Still, this weekend should be great. From the spoilers we got a while ago this week's season finale promises to deliver.

9. newguy

newguy i

It seems animated is comitting T.V. sucide. YEAH!!!!!!!

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i forgot that big plot cause it doesnt show up enough. like id like to see some progress done on the space bridge every once in a while-like when they show shots of Megatron's layer, have some big metalic bridge skeleton there or sumthin.

and im surprised Magnus hasnt sent anyone to help-o wait, Blurr is there. see, stuff is easy to forget cause, IMHO, theyve done the spacing of the episodes a bit off. maybe its just me, but id like the constructicons to be doing work on the bridge instead of have them magically build it in one episode. or have Blurr appear more often, helping the Autobots when they need it. i just feel like they bring characters back into the show (such as the Constructicons) right after youd want them to show up

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The problem is, you've concluded this series before it's ended. While there is a lot we know about the finale, there is a lot we don't, particularily the first part.

And the space bridge keeps being mentioned and plots rotating around it. The whole point of finding the Constructicons last ep was for the spacebridge. And Meagtron was still making preparations for the trip to Cybertron in Autoboot camp.

It's much like in S1 where Megs was still trying to get a body but didn't make any real progress at all till the first half of the season end.

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    It kind of bothers me how Torque acts like the series ended from extremely undetailed spoilers and audio-less video with only 12 minutes of the last episode.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I agree with Torque, because does any one remember how epic this Season finale was.

(Series Marty Isenberg's team was in charge of as well)

Let's see if Animated season 2's finale meets that awesomeness

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Hhhmmmm naaah I doubt it would be THAT epic, you know, with the whole SERIES STILL NOT OVER thing going on, BM end was that awesome because they really knew it was time for the finale.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That was a season finale written by Isenberg's team.

I hope the dialouge and action this Saturday is at least satisfying

16. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait'll "A Bridge Too Close" shows up this weekend...that'll make up for the lack of action, from what I've read.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i actually havent seen the audioless finale-im just saying that from what ive seen in episodes, it doesnt seem as dramatic of a buildup for a finale.

18. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

There's got to be something wrong since this is the sixth or seventh thread like this with someone saying, "I really like the show and characters, but season two blows." Maybe its because season 2 blows.

I've already said my piece in the six or seven other threads. Read those.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Torque mentioned something about Megatron releasing Wasp, thought to be an Autobot traitor. We don't know if this was the case - I'm actually under the impression that Wasp broke out of prison on his own accord, without anyone's help or guidance.

20. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Actualy, LongArm did it so the Autobots would be busy while he could talk to Megatron on the phone.

Yeah I don't get it either, he could just go to the bathroom and use a phone.