Customs: Slightly kitbashed, almost custom

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Irony, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Irony

Irony fangirl

This thread is for repaints, redecos, small changes, etc. Where's the thin line between custom figures and slightly customs?

**Answer: If it's a custom figure, you post your photos to the Customs and kitbashes forum. Any modifications to TFs belong here.

Please make a separate thread for each of your projects. Threads that function as "dump threads' are counterproductive for gallery and archival purposes.

Also, please review the Radicons FAQ and Radicons Etiquette on attaching images.

Thanks! ~Radicons Staff**

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  2. Irony

Irony fangirl

I'd start with my Seekers. They're all Movie Legends in G1 colours. I started with Starscream.... G1 Starscream, I mean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you see, I was really unsure about some things at the beginning. How to do it, what to do, which colour goes where. But then I got braver and decided to make G1 Thundercracker and G1 Skywarp too.
    According to Murphy, the Movie Legends Starscream figures disappeared from the shops immediately. Instead of them, I found a duopack called "Nightwatch Optimus vs Staelth Starscream". I bought one. Next day, I bought another one since I couldn't turn ONE F-22 into both Thundercracker AND Skywarp.
    The "Stealth" colours made my work a bit easier, and sice I already had the "which colour goes where" shemes on Screamer, it wasn't hard to find the blue, black, white, purple parts of my new ones. At least, not that hard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

According to Murphy again, the moment I finished painting TC and SW, I ran into a fresh set of hiding Movie Legends Starscreams. I bought one, who became Sunstorm. And that was the point when I admitted to myself: "Dear, you just fell into collecting TFs". And I answered to myself: "And then? What comes next?"

3. Irony

Irony fangirl

In fact, "What comes next" wasn't the question I should have asked myself. It was obvious. Since I bought two Nightwatch Optimuses, and since they were so blue, and since I already had white paintstuff, and since the original Ultra Magnus was a partly-blue repaint of Optimus.
    Meanwhile I got into a roleplay where my character "Shieldy" was undeniably based on Jazz. I kept on collecting Legends figures and that included "Movie Legends Autobot Jazz". I bought the figure and soon regretted it, he was just not the toy I wanted. So I put Shieldy and Legends Jazz together: cut half of the rabbit-like ears of the figure which made the car form more plausible. I carved the lamps of the Pontiac Solace, since Shieldy was not a Solace, he was an earlier Pontiac (I never looked up the name of the car).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the roleplay storyline, Shieldy is a member of the elite Autobot force called Wreckghosts and the wreckghost symbol it an insignia that breaks up as they transform and shows up somewhere else. Jazz had his insignia in robot mode, not visible as a car, so I had to get an insignia on Shieldy that can be seen in car mode but not in robot form. I chose his window for this, and carved the insignia into the white plastic.
    [​IMG]

4. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I guess this is as good a spot as any for this. Here are some weapons I painted and modded for use by my Alternators

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Irony

Irony fangirl

Woooo I love those weapons! I mean, not the weapons, but their quality. They really match the Alternators line. And the tanks are also DAMN good!

7. Irony

Irony fangirl

MetalFormer Barricade (from BBTS)
    [​IMG]

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    EDIT: Nvm.

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    You're such a stink-butt!

I kid, I kid:thumbs2: 

10. Irony

Irony fangirl

[​IMG]
    Made for a Megatron. I carved the wood, painted it, wore it for a picture or two, but it was not mine. Never. It belonged to Megs from the moment I draw the guidelines on the wood.

11. Irony

Irony fangirl

[​IMG]
    When I bought him he had no rotor but I had a CD case. Furthermore I needed one nail and some glue. A lot better than a Rotorstorm without a rotor, I hope.

12. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Radicons guys,this belongs in Radicons.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Guess where this is going?

14. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I guessed it right!

Now that this is in the right forum,all of these mods look great guys.

15. Irony

Irony fangirl

Poor Rotorless.... well, he got a new rotor. Not as good as the old one, it's black, and it looks like a piece of a CD case. But I think he finds it better than not having a rotor at all. And now that I washed him, he loks like a real TF again, in "played with" condition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

They're looking very nice, two small things to work on: A: When you leave some parts unpainted because they're close enough to the intended color, it looks a bit "clashing" with the rest of the figure, as such, it's a good idea to always paint the entire figure, even if it seems unnecessary. And B: It looks like you use single coats. It's better to thin the paint ever so slightly and use multiple thinned coats, this makes the paint smoother as well as more durable, as scratching risk is decreased. In the end, you can choose to use a sealing spray to seal your custom, though this isn't always needed.

17. Irony

Irony fangirl

Thanks I will use that!
    *is waiting for the next TF to fall in her hands*