Slightly annoyed... Target

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kllrwlf, Nov 20, 2006.

1. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

So this weekend I headed down to Target to check out what they had and also had to get some house goods. They had a full restock of the classics and a couple other items.

I personally didn't want any of the classics so I just passed by, checked it out and went to the checkout line after I finished shopping.

When I went to the checkout line, the guy in front of me bought ALL the TF. All of them. 5-6 of each item... all of them. Went back to the the toy section (had to get something because one of my items didn't have a sku on it), and it was empty.

This a-hole just bought everything. Now I know what is happening when there *IS* something that I'm looking for and can't find it because the aisles are empty... this bonehead is buying everything to eBay. :mad  :mad  :mad 

Just need to vent... :Gouki: 

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Our Target has a strict policy on this. No more than two of any "collectable" item. And that includes all toys. You want more than two, you can come back for them.

Bastards like that NEED a policy like that in place.

3. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Yeah, but now that the Classics line is just about everywhere, you're nolonger making any real money offf of trying to sell them online..

4. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Wow, what a dick. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, kllrwlf.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I hear ya... I hear ya...

I mean, I understand that some people make a small business out of selling hard-to-find items to people in places where they might be otherwise impossible to get. And I myself have bought a couple of extra TFs on occasion when they are on sale, to pass on to friends.

But to wipe out a whole toy section? That kind of entrepreneurship is just kind of obnoxious. I resent the fact that these Ebay fiends are depriving those of us who want a specific figure at retail price, just so they can make a quick buck with inflated prices on Ebay.

Bleah.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think at this point the only people willing to fork over money on ebay are the Foreign collectors.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, everyone in Asia are probably banging their heads at the lack of Classics over there.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what an asshole. i hate those creeps.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude you forgot those deprived UKers.

10. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

S:

Perhaps, however, we should be happy that these basement-dwelling
    scumsuckers who can't hold down a job are doing this instead of holding
    up gas stations. Fortunately such people are unlikely to breed and raise
    up their children in their scalpy ways. :) 

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. Those guys too. I sense BW is gonna show up here and verbally abuse me with his Sean Connery accent now. :lol 

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    who says this guy isnt buying them all for toys for tots? maybe he just really loves giving out TF's? maybe he'll keep one set for himself, and one set to open...thats still 4 he could (hyopthetically) be giving away...just sayin...

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Don't you know? Jumping to conclusions is the natural reaction by humans.

*Runs off to buy a "Jump to Conclusions" pad*

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Man that sucks, They should have a limit to how many you can buy, not everyone want's to use evilbay...I know I don't like using it.

15. Night Flame

I admire your naivete. To believe such in this day and age is truly encouraging. Even though the possibility of it being true is less than the possibility I will walk out the door and be struck by lightning shooting up out of the ground, it's nice to know someone out there still has enough faith in humanity to believe it's possible.

16. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I hope people buying up all of something at retail to create an eBay market isn't the new economy. See "PS3", "Tickle Me Elmo TMX".

17. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]
    BUCK FUTTER!

I dunno. I'm actually more inclined to believe he was buying a shitload for himself, gifts and/or donations. If he was a scalper, he would have just cleaned out any Mirages, Grimlocks and Jetfires. There's absolutely zero point to buying any other current TFs, Classics or otherwise, to scalp on Ebay or elsewhere because they're everywhere. I can walk into almost any store in a 10 mile radius and get all the wave 1 classics and ANY currently shipping Cybertron toy.

18. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Even though I'm not buying the classic's either that's pretty bad. I read somewhere where employees punched holes in the cards of hot wheels. They should do that to half of all toys they received to deter certain people.

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'd totally buy toys with a hole punched in the packaging. I don't usually keep the packaging anyway...

20. Night Flame

Maybe he's not an instant returns kind of guy. I've heard of guys going into stores and buying out the entire stock two to three times a month and putting them all in storage with the hopes that they'll appreciate down the line and they'll get mad money for them.

To quote at least two individuals I've talked to, and countless others by what I've heard around, "These things are going to pay for my kid's college."

A stupid thing to do in my opinion. They'd be better off with mutual funds or something. The chances of ending up with a pile of Wheelies is a lot higher than the chances of ending up with a pile of Fortress Maximus value-wise. Banking on future value is the Russian Roulette of scalping. Yet it seems to be a popular passtime for the mid-upper class.