Slight Update on "Transformers 4"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TylerMirage, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yay, so more adding of fan favourite characters who then get absolutely 0 screen time/personality!

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Well. At least Sam might be gone for good.

4. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    IGN is reporting that Transformers 4 will be scripted by Ehren Kruger. Kruger wrote TF3 and helped out with TF2. Also, Paramount Film Group president, Adam Goodman has said that Shia LaBeouf will not be returning for the fourth movie. This makes it safe to assume that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will not be returning as well. Goodman went on to say that "The story is going in a different direction now." So it seems like Kruger probably has an idea on a story and June 2014 can't come soon enough.

5. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Sounds good to me. I liked Kruger's work in DotM. If I had to choose between him and Orci/Kurtzman, the latter two wouldn't even be in the running.

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i have faith on him, seeign he have alot of knownledge on the mythology, i even had faith when he did DOTM

7. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

sounds promising! ill be looking forward to more news on this.

8. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Fine by me.

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Cool, and I wonder if he was responsible for Megatrons resurrection scene in TF2.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I am actually really looking forward to TF4 now that Shia isn't in it. Not that I don't like him, it's just that the story revolves so much around him you often forget you are watching Transformers and not "The Boy with the Alien Buddies".

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'll be interested in Movie news when Prime and Rescuebots have finished their current seasons, until then the Movie Universe can go hang - short of someone leaking vehicle mode pics.

I suppose a Cybertronian set movie is out of the question still.

I can't see how even a soft reboot would work if you go and kill most of your characters and chop their home planet in half.

Unless they come up with something bonkers like a plot revolving around Tiger Pax on the seafloor or in space. and come up with some second string villans like Clench or Straxus or Nemesis Prime/ Nova Prime to replace Megatron.

Tiger Pax could be a good way to get Dinosaurs into the mix though if they say it crashed in the Jurrasic period and they scanned Dinos for alt modes you can have Dinobots and characters like Magmatron then.

I'd not mind Magmatron as movie villan that would at least be visually interesting. you could have Predacons vs Movie Autobots and that would count as a different direction for sure. And if they looked partially organic people might see them more as Aliens rather than robots and then not be so bothered by them talking (which some casual people are supposedly for some odd reason).

I just Hope Bay does not hire someone who can't act or just shouts as his casting skills seem to be bordering on nonexistant so far.

12. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Animated story arc for Megatron please! Head in a jar and all that jazz. A chunk of Cybertron was always missing in the cannon anyway right? So that's not too much of a stretch.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Hah.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    All Shia being gone means is get ready for a movie about a NEW Boy with Alien Buddies.

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers 4, the return of jack Ryan, top gun 2 and a movie about the other famous ark? The lack of new shit coming out is depressing

16. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    C'mon Jessie Esienberg as Buster Witwicky. Papa needs a new pair of shoes!

17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I have mixed feelings about this. I prefer Orci/Kurtzman's work to Kruger's, as in comparing the two O/K had more epic scale and gave their characters a little moment of character (the Autobots at the Griffith Observatory, Jetfire at the Museum). On the other hand, Kruger made DOTM darker and more emotional (the Optimus-Sentinel scene at the Lincoln Memorial is a thumbs-up)

But then the TFilm sequels had problems in the writing dept: apart from short deadlines, ROTF had the writer's strike and Kruger seemed to have neglect plot points of the other two films (namely Megatron's chase for the AllSpark and Soundwave's new arrival in ROTF) in order to make DOTM work.

I really don't know which writers were better or bigger fans: Orci-Kurtzman are working on PRIME, and Kruger's been signed on for TFilm4. I just hope that Kruger can make TF4 as good as the first film was.

18. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Some of my problems with the last two films were that the writers didn't seem to know how to use Megatron effectively.
    New evil honchos had been developed, but it almost seemed like Hasbro had decreed that Megatron had to be in each film. Subsequently, The Fallen in particular, seemed under-developed in ROTF, while Megatron seemed incidental for most of DOTM.

Hopefully with Megatron dead (again), things will be easier to structure a story around.

19. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hahaha It looks like you read my blog

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think they knew how to use any of the robot characters effectively.