Slight throwbacks to... the Energon Cartoon!? (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Jun 26, 2010.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I can't be the only one who noticed this.

-A dark Energon that hurts Autobots but fuels Decepticons.

-Omega Supreme is the guardian of "The Core."

-"The Core" speaks (ever so briefly) and is filled with Energon.

I would say it's "probably not intentional" but considering the oozing amounts of subtle throwbacks and homage to several different eras of Transformers, I hesitate to say so indeffinately.

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I doubt it was intentional, I mean why would anyone want to reference Energon? To bring back all those great memories?

3. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    The novel has tons of throwbacks to minicons, the planets, and more, so I'd lean heavily on the intended references. Mostly this is just a good way to start incorporating all the aspects, without letting anime studios go buck wild with burning justice, and gojira level fights with ultraman size growing.

So all in all? Bring it on so long as it makes sense and works story-wise! How exodus incorporated Velocitron, and Gargantia was well done.

4. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    You know, maybe back then, some people who played WFC were ten, and well within the intended age group and thoroughly enjoyed it? Maybe it brings back memories of other things, as well, such as having more friends who watched/played with Transformers then than now? Maybe some people were too young to care about bad dubbing and just watched? Just maybe.

Seriously, some people need to realize that they're not the only fans out there, and that not all other fans feel the same way about everything. I happened to like my Fattimus, thanks.

Anyways, I think that's something that may need more investigation. I honestly just played through it without really turning on my brain.

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    While I tend to agree with you majorily on this.
    They suffered from far more than JUST bad dubbing. I'm sorry, even though the subbed versions are better, they just aren't to par with any fiction that came before or after them. Even in Japan itself. There's a reason we call those 3 seasons the dark days. At least RiD can skate on being so fun and satirical. I'm not speaking as a fan, I'm speaking as somebody who generally will sit and enjoy anything Transformers, but those 3 whether subbed or dubbed, just made my brain hurt from all the 'wtf-ness' they had. Some stories in anime can work with Ultraman like scenes, or even burning justice, or otherwise oddball things, transformers just isn't one of them if it's trying to be serious. Especially trying to accept all 3 as one continuous universe? Cybertron really bucks that one out of possible.

Exodus though, the novel prequel to WFC, does cover a lot of references, but they are handled pretty well, integrated into the story with sense, and reason. There's a method to the madness that just works, that the A/E/C trilogy lacks. Like this was how hasbro would have prefered they be conveyed instead of Anime studios going buck wild on frivolousness that makes most balk at it past anything more than the toys. It's a good read, and well worth checking out, incorporating elements from the Animes, G1, IDW, even some tidbits here and there of animated in Sentinel Zeta Prime. (He's sentinel in the book, zeta in the game.)

6. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Eh, it's been a long six years. :tongue:  Didn't even watch Cybertron.

Did enjoy it, but it wasn't my favorite.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    There's a ton of references in the game.
    I lean towards them being intentional.