Minor/Repaint: Slight Modifications

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jametron, Nov 29, 2008.

1. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of my recent purchases got some Thanksgiving Day alterations

Sideswipe:
    -Hideous "AllSpark Blue" panals on thighs painted black
    -Shoulder weapon added (74 Movie Bumblebee launcher w/ G1 Tracks missle)
    -Legs from the knee down reconfigured to make them different from Sunstreakers

Sunstreaker:
    -Hideous "AllSpark Blue" panels on thighs also painted black
    -Left hand replaced by weapon for G1 accuracy (G1 Hoist weapon)

Ironhide:
    -Blue face, "forehead" and rims painted silver
    -Shoulders and feet painted black (WAY to much red on those legs previously!)
    -Slight silver accents added to forearms
    -Black highlights on "chest" panel and new Autobot sticker added (under windshield)
    -Inner arms shaved to reduce "Sumo" look
    -Rear wheels removed to reduce "Hey! Look at my newly painted feet!" look

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Sunstreaker had a nozzle?

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, the toy did. He came with closed fists you had to insert, and no pistol. Instead, you could remove the fists and either plug in a silver gun barrel, or his yellow "piledrivers" that are stored on his shoulders.

I say "piledrivers" because these are almost certainly what inspired Sideswipe's arm-piledriver power, back before the infamous Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold swap of '83. :) 

Honestly though... I never think of Sunstreaker as the gun-arm type, even though I own the figure.

zmog

4. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Allspark blue? More like "just blue".

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Oops! Almost forgot to comment on the mods! :) 

Nice work on the palettes... though I might consider painting much of Sunstreaker's metal-grey to black if you're going for G1 accuracy.

I really wanted to do the same thing with the legs, but it always makes Sideswipe fall backwards because the feet won't lie flat with the bottoms of his legs in that configuration. Did you do fix that?

I love Sideswipe's missile launcher. I think the paint on his pistol is meant to reflect his G1 shoulder weapon (since it can also be mounted on his shoulder), but this looks much better.

zmog

6. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

all blue is allspark blue now and hideous.

7. jametron

News Credits:
    The toy had that option, much like Hoist, Inferno etc... My G1 Sunstreaker has been that way for 20+ years, so I kinda always think of him that way, regardless of the cartoon model.

Yeah well, it reminds me of AllSpark blue unfortunately! Regardless, it was bound to be painted anyway as it was sorda destracting IMO.

I may actually... but I really don't like the idea of it being EXACTLY like the
    G1 figure... mostly I just didn't like the blue on their thighs, hence the black.
    I ALMOST went red on Streakers thigh panels, to tie in with his obligitury red shoulders, but decided that wouldn't really look that good.

Not yet I haven't. I may take my dremel to the feet to make notches for the leg part to slide into (probably only about an 1/8" needs to be removed in the right spot), but for now he's propped up by the back of the bookshelf. That in itself doesn't bother me too much as I have a fair amount of TF's that need "support"... even with flat feet. Usually due to kibble, or unsemetrical weight (Universe Galvatron comes to mind on both counts).

Thank you! I was using his pistol as intended until I came across BB's launcher in a box and I casually decided to see if it fit... once it did, I had to use it! And Tracks never needed ALL of his missles anyway.

On a sidenote, I think I'm removing the black paint from Ironhides feet and shoulders... the feet still need something IMO, but the paint I used is too shiny compared to the factory paint on his upper thighs and forearms and kinda bugs me.

8. C16

C16 Space Nomad

So if they make a Classics Tracks, he'll be Allspark blue?

That's stupid.

9. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking good, but (there's always a but isn't there?) you need to check your camera definitions, pics are a little too blurry to really apreciate your work

10. jametron

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really don';t know how to work our digital camera yet! It was a gift for the wife and I've barely used it! Sadly those pics were MUCH brighter and very hard to look at until I darkened them via paintshop...

Thanks for the tip though, hopefully I'll improve.