Slash fiction and homoeroticizing the buddy films

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Athough I don't plan to get into a lengthy point-counterpoint with you on this, I do see your counterpoint and I respect that.

I know what you mean; it is nice to read fan literature or continuations of stories that respect the source material. In most cases, it's the most enjoyable form of continued material.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Make it so!

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Bingo. Often times they have been jilted enough by straight males that they latch on to gay guys. It's the best of both worlds, the only hitch is, oops...They don't like girls sexually. But hey, they always come around, right?

Eventually many of these women accept the fact that they will not convert these guys, and part of the disgust they had for straight males turns out to be part of the appeal, and they go back to dating again. But their ideal man becomes a mixture of the two, which just makes it more difficult for the straight guys. You have to be strong,emotionless, and rough around the edges at certain times, then other times you are supposed to be gentle, attentive, and caring. and you go to the dog house when you unknowingly swap those moments.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe they just wanna see guys make out.

like us guys wanna see girls makeout.

woah, thats deep.

5. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    As well as the "*** hag" principle, there's the more general notion that people easily confuse different kinds of love, or assume there's a natural progression from one to the other. For example, theres a very strong JD/Turk man-love vibe in Scrubs (Carla admits she has nightmares about them running away together) even though the two of them wouldn't actually... um... well, they probably wouldn't.

Hmmm, not such a great example now I come to think of it.

*Goes back to writing his next bestselling relationships guidebook: Men are from Bars, Women are from Yellow Pages.*

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This may have been touched on, but I don't have time right now to read the whole thread, so:

Is it possible that homosexual slash fiction written by women is a way for them to sexualize male characters they're attracted to without 'seeing' them with other women?