Heavy/Scratch: Slag's Combaticons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Slag66, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Slag66

Slag66 CAMEO

Next up is Bruticus. Onslaught is just a headswap awaiting paint, with a BIG gun. Swindle is for the most part the same design most have used. His head is from universe Tankor, which was just me playing around originally, but its grown on me. His gun is a mystery. Probably out of some yardsale stuff from my younger days. Vortex is now being made from Tomahawk. Blastoff isn't a shuttle, as I just can't see it as a legit size ratio. (besides when Starscream put them together in the show, they were 2 planes, not a shuttle & chopper anyway) So Blastoff is to be created from Thrust/Acid Storm. Finally there's Brawl. Brawl has been several molds, and has a lot of possibilities. Originally he was a univ. Galvatron, which didn't take long to scrap. Then he was the mold he is currently with no mods, but then I picked up RotF Brawl and it looked like the final choice. But you folks changed that. I kept seeing different takes & War Within variants, and one night he was reborn. Brawl is now Megs-tank with a War Within twist. Bruticus is also the one combiner I might do another deco of and some standalones. Again I have to thank everyone for ideas & inspiration, and mention I'm no artist. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the spider-copter, but Roadslaught is a very interesting combination.

You're using the same Brawn/Swindle molds as I am going to use, eventually.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I do like the way the Spider-copter's tail section becomes the arms, just like G1 Vortex. I've been thinking about the same thing, though the robot mode's legs are so huge, and I'm not sure how to make that mold look more like real helicopter.

I'm liking the looks of this, but I'm concerned that Brawl and Swindle will just feel too small alongside the other Combaticons.

zmog

4. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

I really like this combination. Cant wait to see how you finish it.

5. Slag66

Slag66 CAMEO

Update on the members. Vortex will now be made from Tomahawk and Blastoff will be made using a seeker to be a fighter-jet. I'm not scrapping the others as I still think I will do a Ruination version that may or may not combine.

at Zmog: this will take care of the size difference and make Onslaught tower over his team that much more

6. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    hheehehe I chance my WIP's often... so I know how you're feeling :D 

7. Slag66

Slag66 CAMEO

couple pics added including group shots.

8. Robot_art

Robot_art Well-Known Member

Nice ideas