Slagacon Voice Actor Announcement

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Moroni Prime, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ethers/588890-slagacon-2012-voice-actors.html

So let me see if I understand things here. This announcement was made yesterday in the Conventions and Gettogethers forum by Transjazz, then I make an announcement shortly thereafter in the News and Rumors forum, being that this is also news. I wake up this morning to see my thread deleted, and no mention what so ever on the frontpage. Now I can understand that this was BotCon weekend and all, but surely if a mod or admin can see my thread to have deleted it, then it would stand to reason that they are then aware of this thread and its newsworthy status. I guess what I'm asking is if TFW staff was aware of these threads, why was it not also posted to the frontpage, being news?

Now I've been a TFW board member nearly 8 years, and I understand just how much hard work all of the TFW staff have to go through to keep this site ahead of the pack. I don't mean to belittle that in any way. I'm just trying to make sense of the situation is all.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, as you noted, your thread was deleted as there was a pre-existing thread by the show runner. It was also announced during Botcon weekend, where 99.999999999999999999% of the staff was at the show. I understand everyone and their mother wants to piggyback on the increased traffic that Botcon brings to the site, but minor news like this will, unfortunately, always fall to the way side during a Botcon weekend. If a news staff member sees it as front page worthy, they will get to it at their earliest convenience. A little patience can go a long way.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I would also like to add that the original post with the announcement was a bit light on details which made posting it to the frontpage a bit harder - more information or a link to the website where the announcement was made would have helped immensely.

The more information we are given when announcements like this are made, the easier it is to get them posted up. That goes double for busy times like these when we may only be checking in briefly in between events and not have the time to do a lot legwork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.