Slagacon 2011 Vector Zeta...Anybody else getting frustrated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by figureguy, Dec 21, 2011.

1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    No one wants to see Chad go down for this. It doesn't sound like it's his fault. I think anyone reading about this can see that it's his manufacturer that's dicking around with him just much as the wait is dicking around with the rest of you. But you've at least got a choice. You can have patience, or you can have a refund. Meh. You've waited this long. Might as well wait it out. Maybe the thing turns out awesome? :)  Shoot, if it does - maybe I'll buy one of the cancelled ones :) 

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    QFT. Seriously.

3. figureguy

figureguy Well-Known Member

I actually have an update, of sorts. I received a message in my inbox here not too long ago concerning this. I am forwarding as it is relevant. The person who contacted me asked me to keep his name out of it, but to give us a heads up regardless. I edited out the personal stuff, and it follows in italics:

So, your pretty involved with the thread and situation.. figured you might be the best person to tell.

I shot the shit with dude at the show for awhile, real nice conversation actually, and I asked if he had any business cards, which he gave me one of. It has a phone number but I really didnt have the nerve to call it myself or publicly post that I had it. Well, today I atleast accomplished the former..

I honestly kinda thought the number wouldnt even work for whatever reasons, but crazy enough he answered.. I asked "hi, is this ryan miller?" he replied "uh, yep". I say "hi, I was one of the people at the show that purchased your kits, and Im sure by now your well aware people are getting kind of upset by the lack of progress, do you by chance have any updates?"

He was defintiely caught hella off guard, but he managed to mutter something like "just getting stickers put on, and something something something paint... I didnt catch it all (bad reception), but at the end he clearly said there will be pictures tonight.

Long story short, I dont believe him, but that IS what he said.. and if you wanna fwd that info to the thread, by all means, I just dont want it to be public info that Im the one that called, mostly I just dont want the guy to know.

This is all just getting kind of weird to me now. Food for thought.

Yer the only one Im sharing this with, for now..

I didn't ask for Ryan's number yet. If anyone wants it you can PM me and I'll see. I won't post it on here, though, as I do not think that is appropriate. But it is what it is.

4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    So... now that Chad has said that he's refunding everyone, you're egging people into calling someone's personal number and harassing them?

Man... what in the fuck.

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    seriously.

TJ, this is what has been irking me and came to a boil in the SG Soundwave thread. People getting way too bent out of shape about toys.

If someone from out of nowhere called me and asked for a progress report, i'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

(clearly we can see why i'm not in the toymaking biz :D  )

6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I hear ya man, but at least someone didn't post, "Hey, if you don't like this toy, I have Pete's personal number... PM me for it, and let's take it to em!"

People are out of fucking control with the inappropriate stuff today!

**Looks outside for full moon**

7. figureguy

Actually, Chad is working on refunds but there is no concrete plan as to dates and such. He has said he is going to work on refunds using his tax return, but is not as simple as you make it sound. I can't just email him tonight and ask for my money back. He has to find ways to get people's money refunded. So it is going to be some time until we get them, it is not like we are getting the money as we ask for it. He is working on it, but until then this situation is that it is the person making the toy's fault. Not a toy company, not FP, just one guy who Chad trusted to work on something for him. Now if that is going to cost all of us, and Chad and his reputation included, then do you not think that is important? No, it's not like calling up Pete but it is not a corporate thing.

8. figureguy

As far as getting bent out of shape, well, if it is like Botcon and you don't like the toy then simply do not order the set. This was an item seen ahead of time, and only bought by those who wanted it. It's one thing to get bent out of shape over a con toy, then you just pass on the purchase. One item by one manufacturer who has made a lot of promises and not delivered on one is another thing entirely. There is not complaining being done here about a toy we may not buy, but rather about something we have already paid for, and is screwing over not just the buyers but Chad as well.

If anything people should be more supportive since Chad has to deal with the fallout for this toy, and we can hope it doesn't affect his convention. He got a raw deal, we did, and the person responsible isn't doing anything about it.

9. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Im pretty sure figureguy did not mean it that way.... and this is quite a unique situation.. 75+ ppl invested 200+$ in this project, and the production has been incredibly delayed. As of late, its actually been fairly evident the manufacturer ended up screwing everyone.
    Theres also no official plans of refunding, or official word on anything for that matter.

I know I would like to be able to contact this manufacturer to find out whats going on, myself. Theres been absolutely no concrete info given to the customers yet, just a lot of conjecture. As someone that has 200+ in limbo, with no actual gaurantee of seeing its return, Id sure as shit like to see some good info surface, however possible.

edit: didnt mean to presumptuously speak on FG's behalf, just my 2c in general.

10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    It is like calling up Pete, because, if the situation's resolved and "Is what it is", what does it fucking do to call this guy up?

Why do you feel the need to go on a public message board, and bring outside drama with a person who's apparently not even a poster here? That's just not cool. It's not even about calling the guy, because if he's involved in something you paid your money for and haven't gotten, by all means, you should... hell, even ebay will give you a seller's number to try to resolve an issue. However, it's the manufacturer.

You didn't give your money to that dude. You gave it to Chad. That's who you have made that business with, and it's Chad's responsibility to get things squared however it needs to be. That's like calling a manufacturing planet in China because your preorder from TFSource hasn't come yet.

It's like you just "don't get it", and it's not my job to give you that sense, but calling out something that's gone to far should be done, and was.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As much as I hate the figure, I'm kinda waiting for them to show up and be on emergency clearance in a month or six. I may bite then and try to heavy mod it into something good.

I know, not going to happen, but still.

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I would too, but I'd sure feel bad for the people losing money out on them.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would as well, but a sale is a sale. I'm sure they'd get bought up at normal price should they ever be produced, though.

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I hear ya, and am in the same boat. My only hope is that he'd email everyone who purchased them once they're produced, and offer THEM the discounted rates before anyone, and if they said yes, give them the same 3 to 4 months to pay that they gave him to actually come up with them while holding their money.

15. figureguy

Actually, the person who is making it IS a poster on here. He is a customizer and has posted quite a bit over the years. How do you see the situation as 'resolved'? Unless we have the toy in hand or a refund it is not resolved. The difference is as far as TFSource goes, I wouldn't call the manufacturer since I didn't pay for it yet. The case here is we did pay for it, it's not a pre-order item that I haven't been charged for yet.

As far as getting it, well I started this thread because of my frustration with the whole situation. If anything it was for the people who have bought it to also discuss their thoughts on the whole thing. It's not an attack. I have the number for the person making it now. If I was making an all out vendetta, wouldn't I have just posted it? Let cry the dogs of war? No I haven't. This could have been taken a lot farther on my end, but I haven't.

If someone else wants to, that is their business. If someone wanted to call Pete, then, same thing. I haven't called and do not intend to. Not my thing, or my way. But I am also not going to chastise those who may thing it IS the right way to handle it. It is not my place to judge others affected by this situation.

We can go back and forth on this for all time. You see it your way, I see it mine. If you had ordered the toy maybe you would have seen it differently, maybe not. But I would have respected the way you thought you should handle it. It would be your money in limbo and not mine, and the way you responded is up to you.

16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Hoenstly bro, you're the only one going back and forth about it. I posted what I posted and started talking about completely different shit to a completely different person.

Unless you literally live under a rock and only post in this particular rant thread, you'd see that I can empathize and much or more with anyone on the board about your situation from one that I'm involved in right now with a seller who's handling it quite a bit different. The only thing is, that I'm handling it quite a bit different than you are, and not making a daily spectacle of it.

I'll leave it at that. Thanks. :) 

17. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

Okay I am a little concerned about this. Where has it been stated that refunds are being organized for this? I have never received any update emails regarding this at all. I have tried to use the contact page on the Slagacon website 3 times now in the last 4 months and have never received a reply. Who do I need to email about getting updates?

18. figureguy

Slagacon Vector Zeta new pictures is the thread on here where this has been discussed concerning refunds. Chad said that as soon as he gets the money he will be refunding orders in the order that they were received. He has also stated that he has to wait to process his tax return in order to start the refunds. As far as emailing him, if you can't get a response you could just contact him through the thread.

19. UltraMarknus

UltraMarknus Well-Known Member

Was this figure ever released??? I'm glad I asked for a refund like a week before the convention. Can't believe this is still not released, if thats the case.