SLAG M.BAY for TF3!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by strscrm, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen was easily the worst Transformers film ever, granted that this makes only 3 film, excluding the Japanese films. It was a movie with great action, no story, and no heart, in other words it was Michael Bay doing what he always does, make terrible movies. The most redeeming value in the movie was the characterization of the Transformers. They were diverse and colorful characters, while the human cast, outside of the military, were insulting the viewer's intelligence.

How can TF3 be saved? Well, slag Michael Bay. Get rid of him because Revenge of the Fallen was no different from Armageddon or especially the infamously horrid, Pearl Harbor. Replace Michael Bay with Bryan Singer (X-Men, X-Men 2) as director. Keep Steven Spielberg as executive producer and his other producers, Tom DeSanto, Don Murphy, Ian Bryce, and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Dump all the current writers like Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Ehren Kruger. Replace them with legendary Transformers writers Simon Furman and Bob Budiansky. These guys actually understand the TF mythos and can tell a great story. Simon Furman is best known for his work on the US/UK Marvel Comics of Generation 1, Generation 2 Comics, Botcon/OTFCC Comics, and the finale of the Beast Wars series. Budiansky is best known as the man who wrote the original TF Bible for Hasbro which gave the toys names, personalities, and powers. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have characters such as Megatron. He also worked on the Marvel TF Comics as both editor and writer, and more recently penned the comic adaption for The Transformers The Movie (1986) for its 20th anniversary. Do these things and TF3 can actually be great.

Because Michael Bay doesn't know story structure.

2. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

I agree with you but i think spielberg should direct. I know he hasnt done much lately but he certainly knows how to make the most out of good source material (ET,Close Encounters,etc)

3. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Fixed.

4. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

I agree except that Spielberg isn't really going to direct much of anything anymore. He's at the point in his career where he is more concerned about making money than a great artistic film. He has had his great films and his flops, and I don't see him wanting to direct anymore.

5. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Yeah but i believe if TF2 actually had a good Story...there is no telling how much money wouldve been made off of it....Very few people are going for a second viewing...the fanboys of the movie like to tout about it making 400 mil so far...if it was actually coherent and had plot and better/longer character(Transformer) scenes it would easily double or triple that.

6. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Spielberg is busy with tin tin so he wont direct it...

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  8. Jingoku

Jingoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love a Spielberg/Bay combo. Let Bay direct the action and Spielberg the interaction between humans and Transformers. And hit Bay with a rolled up newspaper every time he wants to add something new to the script.

9. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gee, I wonder how long before we get a post slagging Spielburg for directing a European comic property over an American toyline :sly2:  [/sarcasm]

10. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    No.

Bay is awesome.

11. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

I swear some of you guys take this shit too seriously. Be happy that you're even getting a Transformers movie at all. Other popular franchises have done worse.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Fuck. Yes. :rock 

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That could be said about any movie.

"If it was even better it would have even more money"

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, you can have whatever old G1 writers you want, as long as you stick in a experienced movie writer (maybe even roberto himself) to help 'em with how to build a good script for shooting AND in budget, I'm sure Simon has never worked in the industry before so yeah, we don't want his script getting shafted for being far too impratical do we?

15. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    why don't haters just shut up and stop whining about how "bad" ROTF was so why don't mr.strscrm just stop whining and learn how to spell.

16. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Keep Mr. Bay

He deserves to keep the franchise for himself until the trilogy is complete. He earned this right

After that, he can hand the reigns to a new director to continue the franchise

Michael Bay is the King of Hollywood

17. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

These threads are getting downright irritating now! I'm not even gonna bother anymore.

SLAG the M.BAY haters!!!!

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes!or better yet nuke them!

19. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fans like you complain and demand change. Expecting a new director to take over and make the next one better with a better story, but do you even think for a second that Michael bay was never picked for this franchise for his ability to tell good stories? He got picked because he's a genius with special effects and very few come close to his ability to blend CGI with special effects work on sets.

And if he does get replaced, I guarantee you, no matter who takes over, no matter how much better the story will be, the best special effects you'll get out of it, are the ones from The incredible Hulk (2008) and I can easily see you in three years back on these forums complaining about that film demanding a new director again.

20. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

That's one of the things people have been highly critical of, he DOESN'T know how to blend CGI with his style of shooting. How many times have you seen people complain about not being able to tell what's going on in fight scenes? He's out of his element with CGI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.