Skywarp Re-release

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blitzwing2008, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    Do you think hasbro will ever re-release classics skywarp on his own card and not part of an exclusive set like how he was released with ultra magnus? Personally i think they should considering we had 2 releases of starscream and just recently thundercracker and it would be a nice way to finish off the original seekers considering that they released all of the cone heads.

2. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey man haven't seen you in a while.

on topic. It would be nice if they did, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If we ever get another Classics styled Skywarp figure, he'll either be a new deco, or from a new mold entirely. They typically don't do straight-up re-releases, and even the one's they have were mass-releases to begin with.

Personally, while I wouldn't mind an updated take on the Ultra Magnus from the set. Even if he were to stay just a straight-up repaint of Prime (it's a great mold, imho). I already have Skywarp, so I'm good with him, but at the same time I hope they do at some point re-do him so that others can get him.

4. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hasbro said Classics will continue. Just a gut feeling, I think they're going to do a new Seeker mold. It's been used more than any other classics mold. Although its been modified, there has been substantial mold degredation. Also it was always a little small compared to later releases. A DOTM-sized "small" Voyager might be more in-scale with the deluxes.

So I doubt they'll rerelease Skywarp. They would have already, surely before "Acidstorm". If you want him for cheap, the KOs are pretty good, or you can do what I did, and get him in a lot from Ebay. Sure the nose cone was broken, but the parts were there. A little superglue and some patience, and it was right as rain. :) 

5. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    tell me about it im starting to compare prices on ebay and fork 1 out even if i have to buy the ultra magnus set to get him ill call it worth it.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I already have the Skywarp from the Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp set, so I'm good.

Anyways, on topic... Hasbro might re-release Skywarp, they might not. Though, I'm thinking that we will probably see other Classics figures being released before we get any re-releases of Classics like Skywarp.

7. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    As much as id like to see ol warpy, I'd really want to see the rest of the rainmakers.

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd say it's a good possibility with the recent release of Thundercracker (I'd say a successful release). All they have to do is take him and swap in Skywarp's color palette, and voila. New figure and an easy way to churn out one last hurrah from the mold (as old as it is, Thundercracker came out great with very tight joints and little sign of the fore mentioned degradation, I think).

Skywarp is the only original Seeker who hasn't seen an individual wide release yet. Hell, they released Acid Storm as his own figure. Acid. Storm. o_O  My money is on a Generations Skywarp sooner or later, if only to make one last cash grab by Hasbro using the mold (pleasing the fans and making those who paid ridiculous after market prices on the UM/SW set cry, are just bonus side effects XD).

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they do. Then completing my seekers collection will be easy. But I'm not counting on it.

10. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got him, but I'm down for a re-release. I think he turned out fine because of his colors, but the first few seekers don't quite look as nice to me as the later ones because of their decos. The unpainted landing gear panels always bugged me a little, but moreso on Starscream.

I'm hoping for a Ramjet since I regrettably passed him up but I think he costs too much now considering my $12 Dirge and Thrust look better.

I think both would be a good idea once the film settles down and all the current seekers have been gone for a while. I can see how too many seekers at once could clog pegs(If Thundercracker was more common, I think we'd see more of him or Dirge pegwarming since kids wouldn't want 2 similar blue planes) but I don't think Hasbro needs to wait YEARS between their releases.

Starscreams had 2 chances so far, but it's probably always a good idea to slip him into an assortment or 2 as well as long as he's not overdone.

11. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they should. i don't see why they wouldn't so they really should.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I doubt it, (i have Skywarp and Ultra Magnus) :D 

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Screw an individual Skywarp re-release - it's time Hasbro start rolling out some 3 or 6 figure Seeker boxsets :)  I say it with a smile, but I'm serious. There's no way something like that wouldn't sell out in a heartbeat. And while they're at it, re-release other older Classics like a Voyager Prime vs. Megatron set, BB & Mirage vs Astrotrain & Octane, etc etc etc. Collectors (and unfortunately scalpers too) would eat that up in seconds.

My wish anyway...

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not going to cry. But if you think I will, then....by all means :wink: 
    I think I'll keep my extra one in that case then. I was considering the possibility of letting it go, but after that remark (and seeing similar elsewhere).....nah......I think I'll hang on to it and be on the other side of the coin. And if Hasbro never releases another one, I'll hang it from a rope to taunt people who wished that kinda thing upon those who did spend the money :D 

Someone's gotta be the a-hole right?

Personally, I wouldn't care if they did re-release it....though.....knowing me, I'd end up buying it anyway.

15. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I have Skywarp, but I'm not at all adverse to a rerelease.

Heck, I've long wondered, given Hasbro's revamped "core character" marketing methodology, why we don't have an equivalent to "Saga Legends"? I mean, a lot of the done classics characters are fairly marketable on their own, so why don't we have an assortment of about a dozen figures to keep "names" on the shelves?

Just as deluxes, Hasbro has solid molds for Optimus PRime, Bumblebee, Starscream (and of course, all the other seekers), Megatron, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Blurr, Hound, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Jazz, Cliffjumper, Prowl (and his mold-mates) and Grimlock. More than enough for a rotating 4-6 figure selection at retail.

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope hasbro doesn't waste time going backwards, especially since dirge is just clogging pegs like mad. If they drag out the seeker mold again i hope it's for something new like the generic or sunstorm.

17. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wish they would cause i need him and i dont want to buy ultra magnus just to get him.

18. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly speaking, I wouldn't doubt if Hasbro did do that. Not to bring this off topic, but you know how many scalpers/collectors I talked to who were kinda urked when they re-released a certain Star Wars figure? Twice even for at least three different figures. For example, the Shadow Storm trooper was supposed to be what? A Star Wars shop exclusive? They re-released it in 2008 ( or was it 2009?) on its own individual card at retail with a black coin. Same thing with the Utapau Shadow Clone trooper. Was supposed to be a Target Exclusive....then same thing in 2008 with a black coin. Same thing with the Covert Ops Clone......

If they re-released all those you listed including the now hard to get seekers to include the rainmakers.....I'd be one happy camper despite me shelling out the dough previously for the KOs and the others.

Dirge is clogging pegs where you're at? I see WFC Cliffjumper more often than Dirge....in fact....most stores I visit, I only see at best...maybe 1 or 2 if they even have one.

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Sunstorm first, then we'll talk.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm missing Ramjet, Skywarp, and Starscream. So if they do release any of those again I'll be tempted.