Skywarp coronation?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ryan.j, Oct 26, 2009.

1. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Just a quick question - is this just a random redeco of the starscream thing for the sake of it, or did skywarp have a 'coronation' at any point? i did a quick search but couldn't see anything obvious.

https://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/95/

it's nice to see they've learned a thing or two off Hasbro anyway. look out for the hot new preorder items thundercracker coronation set, dirge coronation set, ramjet coronation set, thrust coronation set and queen victoria II coronation set.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was just made up to get some reuse out of the molds.

3. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

aah, cheers mate. that's what i assumed but you know what they say about assumption.

the saddest part is i'm genuinely considering picking this up, it looks pretty cool. if anybody sees it on clearance drop me a PM ;) 

4. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

it was actually a cut scene from the movie, when Galvatron asks if anyone else would like to fill his shoes...skywarp teleports from inside unicron and returns to cybertron and tries to take over and is promptly blasted to atoms by galvatron...noo really ...I swear....its true....

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, as a thought, you could buy a set for Skywarp and Thundercracker, but don't use the crowns, so that they can pose as Starscream's "Honour Guards".

7. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Well-Known Member

I was just about to link BBTS. They've had it on sale for $15 recently. I think you can find it on Amazon for the same price through BBTS' Amazon marketplace store.

I have one sitting in my pile of loot right now, actually. Just need to get an MP Skywarp once they hit the local Walmarts. :) 

8. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

there really isnt a skywarp coranation on g1....All hasbro wants is to bring in some extra $$$ or where ever that is they made that toy