Skywarp and Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Grimlock1991, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

Eh how come these guys don't have their traditional powers and abilities in the game?

Like Thundercracker having his sonic boom

Like Skywarp's teleporting ability

can someone answer this for me?

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Uh, cuz they didn't want to? Skyward got a cloaking ability. That's pretty sweet.

And ya know what I just noticed?

Deception campaign/escalation. We'll be able to play as the 3 seekers. *hedbangz*

I call dibs on skywarp! :3

3. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Cloaking can be used as a sort of teleport I guess (just slower). Like you go invisible then "reappear" somewhere else as if you just shifted there.

But I would imagine that they made the abilities the way they did so the classes can be uniformed which will lead to balancing

4. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

yeah this is where they have fumbled the ball a bit. the designs are brilliant, but the generic abilities are a bit disappointing.

spawn sentry, barrier, wtf?

the campaign and multiplayer are like 2 separate games which seem to appeal to 2 diverse groups.

I hope they focus more on getting the transformers elements into the sequel to make it more unique than just a generic shooter.

focus on more of a coop campaign so they can do things like having combiner battles, soundwave cassettes, without worry about random generic 3ps competitions with generic made up characters no one really cares about.

and maybe some offline splitscreen, and vehicle obstacle challenge modes next time.

does soundwave even use his shoulder weapon in this game?

5. JazzMeister19

JazzMeister19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is something I also do not like. Was it really hard to give Soundwave sentries that looked like his minions? And Thundercracker and Skywarp are my favorite seekers/jet transformers so their lack of signature moves really irks me. I also don't like that barrier is a move assuming it's a force field, that's Trailbreakers ability! :mad  He hasn't had an action figure in years, please don't take his G1 ability away from him :cry  I'm mean, what else does he have?

I'm fine with the create-a-transformers having generic moves, but all story characters should have unique abilities. Megs should have an ability where he swings his mace and the end comes off on an energon chain! ...I'm not really a fan of his actual game mace :wink: 

6. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Because teleporting would be really hard to pull off in a multiplayer game.

7. K1dnotorious

K1dnotorious Old Skool Like Kup

If you played the ROTF game, Skywarp did have a teleport that would "Pop" you over a few feet in whatever direction you wanted him to go, maybe there where copyright laws or something stupid like that which kept them from being able to use it

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Maybe Skywarp's teleporting ability didn't work with the game? I could see it as a major balance issue.

9. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

HM sound like real fans, so hopefully they can draw in the multiplayer $ with wfc and go back to a more "transformery" game for the sequel.

transformers seems more suited to a character based game, and i don't think a lack of multiplayer hurt the batman arkham game.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also don't like how Jazz and Shockwave don't show up in the story, or No Prowl, No Grimlock.

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Jazz and Shockwave may still be NPCs in the campaign.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read an article awhile back that Tiege was quoted as saying Shockwave is not in the story at all. Only multiplayer.

13. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Yeah but that sucked.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Well, yeah, but you have to take into consideration the idea that HM is trying to keep a balance between characters and how much weight those characers play.

For Decepticons, it seems a good part of the story revolves around Starscream's relationship with Megatron and the Decepticons themselves. Shockwave might have been hard to write into the story, and for simply giving Gamestop an exclusive they created the character simply for "escalation" mode (whatever that is).

Look on the bright side: at least we're getting Jazz and Shockwave in some form, even if they're not story characters. Shockwave even got that amusing Gamestop comercial, which was awesome.