skywarp and thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crazymadman, Jan 12, 2009.

?

what one is better

1. hasbro skywarp and hasbro thundercracker

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. henkei skywarp and henkei thundercracker

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. hasbro skywarp and henkei thundercracker

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. henkei skywarp and hasbro thundercracker

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

i plan on buying classics skywarp and thundercracker but i cant make up my mind on hasbro or henkei and yes i do know i always ask what toys should i buy but the reason i ask is becouse i m new to transformers

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I prefer the Classics versions. If you want to get the "Classics" Thundercracker though, expect to pay a lot for him, as he was a Botcon Exclusive in 2007. Personally I bought two Classsics Skywarps off of fellow board members, as I only found the 2-pack in-stores once, and didn't have the money for it at the time. I display the one as-is, and I have kitbashed the other as Thundercracker.

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off, I REALLY love Hasbro's Skywarp. LOVE it to bits. However, the Henkei Thundercracker is a better choice than Hasbro's since at the very least costs less. Be prepared to have a bottle of nail polish or super glue handy to tighten them holes for his null-rays though. Other than that, better shade of blue, looks just as good. And since the Universe Starscream 2.0 and Henkei Starscream match TC's stripe pattern, the Henkei Skywarp would be a better fit for them. Plus the Hasbro Skywarp has become rather expensive, you may as well spring a few bucks more for a henkei.

My .02 cents. :) 

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

For the poll, I simply picked the set that I personally own.

Got the Classics Skywarp because I also needed the Magnus. Got Henkei TC from ShadowStitch here on the boards a couple months back.

Personally, I think TC's wing pattern is really plain, but I do like how each of the seeker's patterns differ. And I'm just not willing to pay for the BotCon one, especially when most people are only willing to sell the set as a whole (which does get you Dirge & Thrust on the other hand).

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Henkei for both. I much the prefer the darker purple on Henkei Skywarp than the neon-ish pink on the Hasbro version.

Re: Thundercracker, there ain't much in it but I like the chrome missile launchers on Henkei and of course, it is much cheaper.

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I've got Henkei and Target SW, Henkei is actually SW, whereas I'm trying to come up with a name for my other black Seeker. Target SW is a bit garish, the purple is too bright, and his wings just don't say SW to me. Henkei's G1 accurate colouring works for me a lot more.

I've only got Henkei TC, so can't offer a first hand opinion, but he's easier and cheaper to find, if cost is a factor.

I voted Henkei for both.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    henkei and henkei is my vote
    henkei skywarp is better than the hasbro one, the paint apps look better imo..
    thundercracker.. well, i voted for henkei coz apart from the botcon one which is quite hard to pick up, the henkei is the other one.. although the QC issues on him are quite disappointing

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Henkei all the way.

9. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I like my Hasbro Skywarp just fine, but for some reason don't like the Hasbro Thundercracker. The Henkei one is alright.

10. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    while I voted for Henkei Skywarp and Hasbro Thundercracker... It may not be a fair vote. I do like the body of the Henkei Thundercracker just as much as the Hasbro one, and certainly like that it matches the other style of the Henkei seekers... but the fact that the missles don't fit in his shoulders tightly made me pretty upset. Granted, there are ways to repair it that I haven't done yet, but it was the only reason I gave it the demotion.

11. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Hasbro's Skywarp won't have the loose joints that plague Henkei Skywarp. On the other hand, the "purple" on Hasbro Skywarp is more of a pinkish magenta, while the Henkei Skywarp has a much more accurate shade of lilac. Price-wise, they're probably both equally expensive by now. I prefer the Henkei version, but you should go with whichever deco you prefer.

Thundercracker is a different story. The BotCon one is still more expensive, though the Henkei version has the infamous launcher issue. Deco-wise, the BotCon one is mostly superior, though I prefer the Henkei launchers and wing stripes.

My recommendation: Go with the Henkeis for both.