Digibash: skyripper digibash request - universe micromasters

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Skyripper, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

hi all. I'm putting this up so that in the near future i can do my first 3 TFs justice. they are Flak, Blackjack and nightflight. these guys were the first TFs i ever had and i picked them up from a garage sale and today I found them while sortting my cupboard and the memories came rushing back. however I getting back to the point, I want to do my own repaints of these guys into the to the universe line but I want to be sure I get the right molds. Flak is decided on. I'm not sure wether to use the SS mold or the prowl mold, i think that the prowl mold is better but what do you guys think? I'm having the same problem with nightflight, I'm torn between JF (which would fit in better size wise) or silverbolt, again what do you guys think? this will be my first serious project when I start so I want to take my time. Anyhoo I've rammbled for to long now.

thanks in advance SR

update

decided on Rodimus for Blackjack

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've always wanted to see the Micromasters get the Universe repaint treatment.

I used to have Blackjack and Nightflight as a kid. I think Classics Rodimus would make a good Blackjack as well, especially when you consider how similar the arms are to each other.

3. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I never thoght of rodimus, I thought I could mis-transform the prowl mold or use magnets to put the winks unfolded on his arms but I think rodimus will be the better choice. thanks satomiblood

4. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Due to Nightflight's paint scheme you should go with the
    Starscream mold for him,that way you can keep the blue body.

Hotrod or Sideswipe for Blackjack.

5. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

that is a good idea but I don't think i have the skills to "deseekerfy(?)" the mold. I'm not that fussed about mixing the blue with the gray because it will alow for a bit moredetail in each mode. plus i think the Jf mold suits nightflight better than treadbolt. lol.

I think that I am going to shift to the rodimus mold for blackjack, the arms and chest just fit perfectly and aslong as I get rid of the spoiler the alt mode will be pretty good too. (might get away with non mods to face too, lol I'm such a lazy newb :wink: )

6. Satomiblood

I would also get rid of the engine. You can either sand it down (maybe plug in a piece of styrene to fill the gap) or cover it with putty for a hood scoop.

You'd probably need to "cut" in some windows in the rear and maybe fill in the gap there as well.

It all depends on whether or not you just want to do a simple repaint or a mod as well.

7. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    I'll do the flak digibash.
    Don't expect it too be that good because i'm still learning.

Edit: Nevermind. I can't do it.

8. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I only plan to do minor mods, i'm still prety new to all this but I do think the hood scoop is a good idea. another thing that i was thinking about for blackjack is to maybe try some playing card decals some where on him but stilll thinking that one through lol.

I like to thank everyone so far for the crwative imput that you've given me, i'm sure I can put it to good use

9. Satomiblood

Hmm...I just thought of rotating the legs so the back part is facing forward. It'd mimic the original toy even more. You'd just have to figure out how to mod the feet to make it work.

10. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

because there isn't a rear windshield on the alt mode I don't realy think it to be all that necessary to do that, but if i can get it to work easily enough i might just do it. to try and mimic the look of the original toy I was thinking of painting the black part of rodimus's shins gold to give a similar look to the original.

11. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Great idea,i was thinking about Dropshot as Flak my self.
    Also Cybertron Jetfire would make a great Sunrunner (Battle Patrol) & Universe Silverbolt would be great as Whisper (Air Strike Patrol).

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out,Micromasters never get enough love.

12. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I was thinking the same for whisper but I don't have silverbolt yet so when i next get paid it's somthing I'm going to consider. whisper was (if i remember rightly) the micromaster i got just after these three.

13. Satomiblood

Energon Stormjet would make a good Whisper.