Skyquake is dead. Period.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Rexidus, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    This thread brought to you by people refusing to believe this fact in the Cliffjumper toy thread. No I don't expect this to change any minds. So rant on.

1: He was a minor character who most people had never heard of. There is no reason to hide such a character behind the veil of a fake death. Megatron is orders of magnitude greater, and in the very next episode was revealed to still be alive. Skyquake hasn't/won't get that treatment. Skyquake is dead.

2: Optimus said they had to bury him and we see his optics go dark. Optimus should know the difference between a live bot and a dead one after having fought a war for so long. Plus there is no reason to lie about such a minor character. The creators said characters can die die. They wouldn't go back on that this quickly. Skyquake is dead.

3: Raf's notes say he's dead. Again they wouldn't reinforce that point in an official capacity unless it were true. Skyquake is dead.

4: There is no evidence he's alive. The Decepticons don't have him. The Autobots wouldn't have turned him over to Fowler, nor did they say/show anything to imply he's at their base. The last we heard of him is that Optimus was going to bury him. Skyquake is dead.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your concept of "death" bores me, human

[​IMG]

3. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

And in Season 3, episode 5 when the writers go "um... we have no budget for a new computer model, and we need a big hulking Decepticon, preferable one who can turn into a jet... we're boned."

The intern can always point out that it was never that specific whether the first big hulking Decepticon who turns into a jet was dead dead dead or not. A few rounds in a CR chamber and bam, Bumblebee has someone looking for revenge.

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We shall see one day.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yes... Yes they were.

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And then boom, Human Alliance figure. :lol 

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    You mean, Skyquake is dead like: Movie Jazz?

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the fact is there is a new element who could come across cliff's body.

Honestly it's nice that characters die but this gimmick is getting old quick. It has to be a build up for something.

9. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rant on; I shall! It's what forums are for. :p 
    First let it be said. I really hope he dead and gone. Because this would mean we'll most likely have a constant cast of transformers coming in and out which will be awesome. But sadly. This is a kids show. And they tend to do stupid things in kids shows...

1: He'll only be considered minor if he doesn't come back. We are only on ep 8.
    -Hiding such a character behind the veil of a fake death; is what writers have been doing in action TV shows and comics book longer than you and me have been alive.

2: Skyquake is dead. yes....CURRENTLY

3: Repeat of number 2

4: The Decepticons don't have him, yet. He is most likely buryed in the ground somewhere, not near the Autobots and unguarded. Anyone with a shovel can go get him.

Transformer is a series about robots. BeastWars and the current day comics (IDW, Dream wave) are the only series to treat Cyberians as more than robot.
    Robots can be put back together. Optimus Prime came back from the dead in the G1 series.
    Lets say Prime is treating the Cyberians as more than just robots. I know some dark purple crystals that bring people back from the dead.

My very first thought apon seeing Skyqwake die, was "WELL....he's coming back as a zombie." I'm sure Megatron is going to make 'mindless zombies' and 'smart zombie' made from named 'dead' characters, at some point in time.
    If you think this is a bad idea and would be awful writing; you and me are on the same page.
    But shows with good writing don't need pointless kid characters, beeping main-characters, cranky government official who are always being shown up, and evil troopers who are less effective than paper towels eh?

With all that said. I hope I have to eat all my words. Because i really don't want him to come back.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I'll never claim his corpse can't be reanimated by dark energon but that's still not alive. That's just a corpse.

And yes, it is common for dead characters to be revived in fiction but only if they are popular or important. Ironhide and Jazz were never brought back after their movie deaths (the 86 movie and the live action one respectively). Sqyquake was little more than a monster of the week. He had no character development. He was just there to show Starscreem having difficulty controlling the Decepticons and to provide action for the viewer.

So yes, he may become a zombie in the future but that is a zombie not a resurrection. And if he does get brought back to full life then that will likely be season 2 at the earliest. I hope they leave him dead.

The point is, right now he's dead as a door nail. He's an ex-Decepticon. He's singing with the choir invisible. And it's aggravating that people refuse to believe that fact. But once this thread runs its course I won't care when people foolishly spout that he's not dead. I did the same thing with Cliffjumper. I just needed to rage for a moment.

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    That would get very lame very fast.

Good thing it only zombifies!

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there are toys, they will be back. In comics, even the most unknown come back.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

wow skyquake threads are the new ferarri threads.

14. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure he's dead. But that doesn't mean Megatron won't turn him into a zombie (perhaps a zombie who would still retain his intense loyalty for Megs, making an effective mindless soldier)

15. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Skyquake is dead, but it doesn't mean we won't see the model again, possibly reskinned... I honestly want to see seekers from this body, or at least "Predators".

Paint him grey? Now he's Falcon. Want him in blue? Talon. Red? Snare. If you want purple or pink? Now he's Skydive! The possibilities are endless.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

So, out of curiosity when your proven wrong what do we get? I would be happy with a heartfelt admittance of incorrectness, but I am one of the nicer folks on the internet, sure others will demand embarrassing pictures or something like that:lol 

17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Skyquake is dead.

When Skyquake died Soundwave was secretly observing the Autobots, what if Soundwave salvages Skyquakes parts to rebuild Megatron.

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    If I am proven incorrect I will admit so. I am human and make mistakes. I do not pretend to be infallible.

But as of right now, he's dead as a doornail.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't think anybody is trying to say that he's alive, just that unlike Cliffjumper, theres a chance he'll be revived later on. It's a wait and see kind of situation.

Even if he is fully dead, and not just in stasis or something, we could still see more of him in future episodes. Cliff is apparently going to appear in flashbacks at some point, to help add more depth to his and Arcee's relationship. We could see Skyquake in similar flashbacks. They might as well try and get as much use out of the models they've made.

20. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Thanks for touching on the subject... I don't think the Decepticons need the parts as much as the Autobots. The Cons seem to have at least ship that looks well stocked, look at the number of drones/Eradicons and equipment available to them..so I don't think they need the parts. But..the Autobots don't seem to have much in the way of Cybertronian supplies..Ratchet's using Earth Tech for his lab so wouldn't some bot parts come in handy??? I do believe they have a CR Chamber, but other than that Ratchet uses equipment left by the government, we presume.
    The Autobots preserve life in all forms, but if a bot is deemed "dead" his spark returns to the Well, but why not recycle his body, especially if you're stranded on Earth and there is no Cybertron or Cybertronian tech available to them anymore. Not in this series anyway.. Thoughts?? comments anyone?? Debate??