Skylynx needed a robot part

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by manyoufactsure, Nov 5, 2006.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I was just thinking about the Skylynx toy and cartoon. I have the toy and have always liked it but was thinking that it would have been better with a minicon or some part of him that was a humanoid robot form that controled him (or could be his counterpart for dealing with other TFs while inside a building, etc. that his main body couldn't fit in.)

Was he the first Tf that was a vehicle/beast mode without a bot mode? I just remembered Soundwaves cassettes. any others?

Trypticon was another one without a bot mode. Did his car turn into a bot? I can't remember and the toy is in storage. The catalog with pictures from the 80s(that is on my wall) doesn't show the car transformed.

Please post you thoughts and sorry for the inevitable "this has been posted before" comments that I'm sure I'll get but don't have another lifetime to read through the millions of threads that come up with a search.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Full Tilt did indeed transform into a robot...and other than Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Steeljaw and Ramhorn I'm pretty sure Sky Lynx was the first TF to not have a humanoid robot mode.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yep, Sky Lynx and Trypticon were the first two that didn't have robot modes. I kinda loved Trypticon for that, though. Nothing like a city turning into a huge dinosaur to stomp all over you.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, is Full Tilt Try's car...sorry, I can't remember his name. Yeah and as cool as Sky Lynx was, i always felt that he would have been cooler if he had a humanoid mode.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Imagine Godzilla's surprise if he ever tried to trash that city.:lol 

6. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Or King Kong while trying to climb a building.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the Godzilla movies i watched...I think Godzilla can give Tryt. a fight of his life! LOL!

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Heh, yeah Full Tilt is Trypticon's car buddy...sorry I forgot to clarify!:drunk :

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    no wai! skylynx is perfectly awsum without a humanoid form.

hes one of those guys i hated as a kid but now that i'm older, found him cool in retrospect. big friggin dino bird...with english accent. "hello autochaps! care for a spot of tea? oh bugger, here comes those deceptiblighters. tally ho!"