Skylinx

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, May 7, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I never understood his alt mode, i know for a fact hes a Space Shuttle but was is that other creature he transforms to, and who's that blue creature? I always found Skylinx's alt mode weird lol

2. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I've always called his alt. mode that utilizes the shuttle as his main body a dinosaur (of some sort) and the third mode, or the "blue creature" as you put it, is a cat of some sort, maybe a cougar? The reason Skylynx is a bit stranger than your normal TF is that it was brought into the toyline from elsewhere like Shockwave, the "first" TFs, deluxe Insecticons, etc. and was not designed internally by Hasbro and/or Takara. I'm sure someone else will post with the exact line.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, wasn't he was supposed to be an alien of sorts anyway? I mean if nothing else, that could help explain why he was a little stranger. Also for what it's worth, I've always thought of Skylynx himself being the shuttle that transforms into the bird/pterodactyl thing, while the blue cat or whatever was his less vocal counterpart.

You know, Sky + Lynx...

4. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I like the idea that Sky Lynx is a sort of prototype gestalt, the Lynx component and the Sky component, but they're sort of fused into a single personality (or were a single personality to begin with and were turned into a two bodied gestalt).

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Er...a Lynx?

6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I have a similar question about Tigertron.
    What was that striped cat-like thing he transformed into?
    Some sort of manatee maybe :confused: 

Sorry! No offence but I couldn't help myself, but like someone earlier in the thread wrote the blue thing is probably a lynx.

7. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

sky linx is a animal bot like the dinobots and the prediacons lol jst watch gen 1 season 3 episode call of the primitives it should help and tigertron has always been a white tiger lol

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just figured he split his personality between the bird and the Lynx, kind of like Prime does with the trailer and Roller. In "The Return of Optimus Prime part 2" when Prime asks Sky-Lynx to explain what happened, the Lynx part is doing all the talking and it had the same voice as the bird part

9. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

He had a pretty cool personality thought, and he did help The Quints to bring back Optimus

10. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

:lolol 

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Basically he's a Battlecharger like Flywheel.

Now that makes him more cooler.

12. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

No he would be a Duocon. Or rather a duobot

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well given the history of the toy I think they did an awesome job with him I'd say he's one of my fav characters thinking about it.

but as others have pointed out its 1 mind with the ability to have 2 body's should he chose.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The shuttle is a bird/dinosaur, the blue container is a lynx.

15. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

sky lynx is funky.

his primary modes seem to be a dragon and a shuttle with some sort of freight container, but he can seperate in both is robotic and vehicle mode. his dragon mode is comprised of some sort of generic dino-bird and a pretty stylized lynx. im curious to know exactly how this affects his mental state. does he have one primary component when they split or does his conciousness occupy both equally? weve never seen both components able to use any higher mental functions at the same time, but we have seen both talk and interact on seperate occasions so i tend to think he is able to split his core conciousness into whichever component he likes while the other operates mostly as a drone or with severly limited and anamalistic intelligence. but his default is the combined draconic form.

it would have been cool if the show had gone into it somehow but i suppose it would have made the writing process too involved and they were mostly after turn around speed. i guess its similar to omega, when his in alt mode is the tank a drone or is the rocket? if the rocket flies off and the tank doesnt disappear can it converse with someone? is it aware of what the rocket is doing? it is his head afterall so it presumably contains a lot of thinky hardware.

16. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Really? I thought that he was the biggest arse in Cybertron history.

17. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, right, a, lynx. Duh. I guess that's why he's not called Skycougar then. lol What can I say other than I was tired when I answered.