Customs: Skyhammer to Highbrow

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by fabexmax, May 22, 2011.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I was all geeked to get Generations Highbrow....until I got him. Then I realized this was NOT in any way even close to G1 Highbrow. Which sucks because I was hoping HeadRobots would give us a head for this guy too. So fast forward to today when my boy/boardmember Sali hooks me up with a DOTM Skyhammer, and I look at him and am like... hmmmmm.... so I did this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SO I think the head is a good size and would work even better if some parts were shaved down to make it look a lil different.

The problems are that the head doesn't sit flush, do to the build of Shyhammer's shoulders and where would he be stored in Heli mode?

Any help or suggestions comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Generations Highbrow? Do you mean HftD Highbrow? Because I'm pretty sure HftD Highbrow wasn't meant to be an actual update to the original Headmaster.

As for your idea, it looks like it could work, but personally I'd not want to use a 3rd-party product as nice as something from headrobots for this. Aren't there people who make reproduction G1 Headmasters that could work just as well for this, plus you don't loose the Hothead?

3. fabexmax

News Credits:
    Arghhhhh... all these damn lines!!!!!! LOL HftD, Rts, Generations, Universe, blah!

Anyway, Hothead will need to be used for something because I have comic accurate Hothead is on the way from BBTS. I am hoping to redo the Headmasters in modern form.

What headmaster heads are you referring to?

4. fabexmax

News Credits:
    nobody else?

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    At work, so I can't see the pics :p  But I'm on a similar headmaster-rampage, and I'm dying to see what your concept is, because I'ne not yet landed on a satisfactory Highbrow formula yet either.

Incedently, I'm going to let me 2 spare Hothead drivers (and their gear) be the support crew for my alt-universe Hardhead(Hothead v2). I'm mounting them all on a tank body big enough to support a 3-man cew :) 

6. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Any news on your project? It is a great idea, I wish there were some kind of connector for lifting Hothead a bit above Skyhammer's shoulder. A connector for adapting a G1 Highbrow head would be neat too...
    Wish Headrobots had made more repaints...