Skyfire and Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

It's been said they were both scientists before Skyfire got lost, but were they Autobots? for sure Starscream wasnt a Decepticon at the time not yet he wasnt until he returned to join the Decepticon forces, but what or who convinced him to join the Decepticon army? and why no the Autobot army as he was let's say a "free agent" at the time, and when they were both Screamer and Skyfire were explorers and before going on their journey, was Megatron built or was he in the process of getting built?

Thanks

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyfire and Starscream were both neutral during the time they were explorers. I don't think the Autobot and Decepticon factions existed yet. Starscream didn't become an Autobot because the Decepticon credo was more in line with his own. He had a desire for conquest, so he went with the faction that promised conquest. It's not clear whether Megatron was built at the time. Does Skyfire act like he'd heard of Megatron when he wakes up? I've never liked the idea that Starscream is older than Megatron, but at the same time, all the evidence supports it.

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

G1 toon Autrobots and Decepticons are 2 separate species like modern humans and neanthertals.Remember they were consumer goods robots and military hardware robots.

But they didnt carry the names Autobot and Decepticon all of their history.

So, Starscream was never an autobot, but he was always a decedent of the military hardware robots.

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Autobot and Decepticon factions both existed when Starscream and Skyfire were friends. Megatron describes the period in which their friendship existed as "before [the Decepticons'] final falling-out with the Autobots", a line obviously intended to justify why a Decepticon and an Autobot would be working together. There's no real reason to think Starscream wasn't an Decepticon at the time.

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Its typical G1 full of condrictions, apparently Starscream was an F15 when he was on Cybertron.

6. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    ^ See, the Americans will sell to anyone! Ha ha

Just kidding!

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

But then, so was Jetfire, right? I mean Jetfire would have also been a "proto-decepticon", who then decided to ally himself with the Autobots in his origin episode.

Again, was Jetfire an Autobot at that time? I think they were both Decepticons, were they not?

When did Megatron say that? I don't remember that line at all...

zmog

8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yup, he did. It never occured to me that perhaps the line might've implied that one was an autobot and one was a decepticon.

9. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    It's in "Fire in the Sky", as Starscream starts to tell his and Skyfire's story, before Skyfire wakes up. Thinking on it some more, though, Skyfire's immediate acceptance of "Autobots=evil" (I believe he uses the phrase "the evil Autobots" at one point in the episode) would rather imply he wasn't an Autobot to begin with. I suppose the line is simply intended to show that Skyfire predates the war, HENCE his willingness to accept what he is told, as he knows no better.

10. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Prime was still Orian Pax at the time right?

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I think so, but I cant say for sure.I can see good reason to believe Skyfire may have been a decedent of consumer goods.He seemed more suited for air transport then airal combat.

I dont think they gave a "time" for when Skyfire crashed.

It looked like an "Ice Age" but whjo can say for sure.

If it was durring the last ice age then NO, Optimus was already Prime at the time.

12. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I bet the Dinosaur era was way over when the Decepticons and Autobots crashed on Earth

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

of course it was.

they crashed 4 million years ago

The great extinction is theorized to have taken place about 65 million years ago.

14. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

So then Skyfire and Starscream went on their exploration journey at some point between the ending of the Dinosaur era and the Ice Age

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

logical but we cant be sure.

The Autobots and Decepticons crashed 4 million years ago.

who knows how long before Skyfire crashed.

16. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    THAT has always bugged me. It really has.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    This also aligns with the backstory of Henkei Dark Skyfire, who was part of the Decepticons when that was more military and exploration functions rather then a faction in a war.

18. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

The when Starscream came back why didnt he start talking about his exploration journey and Earth to the rest of the Decepticons?

19. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Who says he didn't? One squishy organic planet could well look the same as any other to the Decepticons - it's entirely possible Starscream didn't even realise that modern-day Earth was the same planet he had visited in the past until he found Skyfire there and connected the dots.

20. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Well, if it's "shortly before" the outbreak of the current Bot-Con war, as Megatron suggests it is, that would put it at around nine million years ago.