Heavy/Scratch: Skydive - cool bot or the worst airborne hangout ever?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheDevastator, Apr 14, 2008.

1. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Dr. Biggles-Jones' savior is here! I made Skydive super-poseable and more show-accurate/comic accurate. Like Air Raid, his chest is actually from one of those slightly undersized bootlegs. Again this was done to show a boarder around areas of his chest as per the cartoon. The segmented abdomen details are from bootleg Constructicon wheels. His head is a combination of his original "helmet" and Mini-con Sky Blast's head. I had been itching to use the head for something. The stickers are from Delta Star. The wing and tail stripes actually came from one of the old reprolabel sets that was not pre-cut.

[ATT]4531[/ATT]
    [ATT]4532[/ATT]
    [ATT]4533[/ATT]
    [ATT]4534[/ATT]
    [ATT]4535[/ATT]
    [ATT]4536[/ATT]
    [ATT]4537[/ATT]
    [ATT]4538[/ATT]
    [ATT]4539[/ATT]
    [ATT]4540[/ATT]

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Aerialbots... breakdancing?? *disbelief*

Aerialbots + breakdancing = WIN!

3. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

these are amazing, my first memory of TFs was the key to vector sigma (when are the stunticons coming??)

i would realy like to do something like this when i get a bit more experience. as it is my first combiner will be squalkbox (nice and simple). so any tips would be appreciated

4. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Skydive was always my fav--he was the first TF I ever chose for myself (I don't say 'bought' 'cause my Mom gave me the money). Ah, memories....
    Great work!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This guy is night and day different than his original G1-self (much like your Silverbolt custom). I'm just impressed that you were able to use those shoddy KOs for something this grand. GREAT work! :thumb 

6. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Redline: Thanks for helping me with these posts! I'm very happy you like what I've done.

chlokai: The Key to Vector Sigma parts 1 and 2 are amongst my favorite eps ever. As general tips, be patient, love Mini-cons, have plenty of cut-off tools. If you have more specific needs, just shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to help!

StarFire_MK2: While he wasn't my favorite, I too did enjoy Skydive as a character. His original toy was enough to get by, but now I have something I think truly does him justice.

Superquad7: Thankfully I didn't have to use too many parts from the bootlegs. I just took what I needed to make the superficial chest plate. I don't mind working with bootlegs, but giving a worn-out original new life really makes me happy.