Minor/Repaint: Sky Shadow to WFC Seeker Fembot (Name Suggestions Needed)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mr. Chaos, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pardon the graininess of the photos

I got Sky Shadow and loved the regal look of the figure, and decided to alter him into a WFC Female Seeker. Was originally going to buy the BadBabeBot head from Shapeway to make her an upgraded Slipstream, but I came up with a cool mod to convert his head into a female head. I cut off the horns, shaved down the sides a bit, used filler to smooth out the mouth area and painted on some lips. I also painted the detail below the eyes to give the appearance or rouge.

Looking over the Samurai feel of the figure, I decided to add something to the hands, since they had the rather bland plating on the back. So I took the horn pieces, did some minor shaping, and turned them into blades for close quarter fighting.

I can't decide if I want to add more aspects (such as more spikes) to push the figure further away from Sky Shadow, but I currently am going to keep her as is.

Any suggestions for names?

2. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    slipstream?

3. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    Bayonet from infestation.

4. jigs625

jigs625 Autobot-TODA Operator

slipscream? siren?

5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

im thinking Dissasstra,though it might be a crappy name

6. Nemesisdestron

Nemesisdestron Active Member

maybe some fins attached to the side of "her" head, and some way to bulk up "her" chest, and slim "her" waist. my 2 cents I dont own this mold, so i cant really be of help, dont know the workings of the toy, but this just looks like sky shadow with his ears cut off.

7. jigs625

jigs625 Autobot-TODA Operator

Destronia?

8. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Slimming the waist would mean a major alteration of the figure, as the waist is hollow. And why would I put fins on the side of the head after I ripped off the horns?

I'm thinking of bashing together another blade for her, to continue with the female samurai feeling.

9. Nemesisdestron

Nemesisdestron Active Member

well if you are going for the wfc slipstream character, she has fins on her head. They are against her head instead of sticking out like sky shadows. and thats too bad on the waist. well hope you can find something out.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This is intresting. She's not very female looking but hey some fembots like Strika don't look obvious anyway so this is unique!:)  Is there more you have to do with your figure or is she finished?

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Sky Crasher?

(GoBots fans may like this especially)

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That's cool. I actually thought for Crasher when I saw this.

I'd say though, your pics aren't grainy, they are just straight up out-of-focus and it's nearly impossible to make out any really detail. The eyes or eye shodow seem like they are different sized, can't make out the lips and there is no way to see the fill-in work you did around the mouth. You should try a few things with your camera like clean the lens, use the macro setting (usually it's the little flower symbol) and try a tripod if you can get one (they can be relatively cheap for a tiny one).

Here's a website to help

Macro Photography Tips for Point and Shoot Digital Cameras

I'm no expert but if people can't see your work, why post it?

13. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Nemesis- I said originally she was going to be Slipstream, but she has now changed. Hence the 'Need a Name' part of the title.

kaiju- Yeah, I ended up embracing the 'Strika' style of Fembot, as I feel it works better for Decepticons and especially the vibe this toy if giving as the hardass female that isn't interested in using sex as a weapon...she just wants to beat you to death.

As for more touches, I plan to focus now on her weapons...I want to give her, instead of the big guns, two energy katanas to go along with the samurai feel. After that, I might do so final color touches, but no heavy mods.

Lucs- Actually, I am using a cheap camera that is not designed for close ups. I simply am too cheap to buy a better camera. This is the camera I use for my web comic...but I might be able to get access to a better one, in which case I will take some more detailed images.

That said, I am more interested in name suggestions than showing off (as I blatently admit I am not the best when it comes to modding). I posted the pictures mainly to give people an idea on what the character looks like (and to show off the bladed gauntlets...it was such a quick mod but it adds a ton of personality). Thanks for the advice on the camera, I read through it but sadly my camera doesn't even have a zoom, let alone the little flower thing (I bought it cheap for like 30 bucks).

Right now I am leaning towards Bayonet, as this figure does have a bat-like design (at one point I screwed up the lip work and it looked like fangs and I was half tempted to just make her Mindwipe) and it fits with her bladed gauntlets.

14. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What about Nightshade? I always thought that would be a good female TF name

15. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Nightshade is another good one! Hmmm...Bayonet or Nightshade...Bayonet or Nightshade...

16. 'purple-bot'

'purple-bot' Well-Known Member

Beverly

17. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Rupaul? Just kidding. Sabercon perhaps?

18. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Right now, unless I get a truly amazing suggestion, I am going to go with Bayonet. Just has the right amount of violent connotation a Con needs.

My next part for Bayonet is her weapons. I am working on dual energy blades. The idea will be that the blades can attach in alt mod to make guns with energy discharge coming out the back. I am using a CD clear case in redish-purple for the blade, some 5 mm connector parts from PCC figures for the first part of the handle and the gun attachment for alt mod, and using sculpty to mold the attachment point.

19. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    cool he is going to turn out awesome

20. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    I was SO going to type the same thing.