Sky Lynx and Puma Question?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kenm2474, Mar 7, 2008.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Is Sky Lynxes lower half an independent being ? Dose he have a name? I was just wondering this because the Bio is very lax in the description of his lower half but talks alot about Sky Lynx himself in Shuttle and Bird Mode.

EDIT: This should be in the TF General Discussion thread. Please Move..Sorry.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    In the cartoon they were independant of each other but had the same voice and personality.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I believe it was like Optimus Prime and Roller, if Roller had an alt mode.

4. kenm2474

Do you know which episodes they were?

5. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

in five faces of darkness they are shown as two sep. being twice once when they fight the predacons to rescue wheelie blaster and fairborn. Then again when there trying to get the cog to metroplex. there might have been another occasion during the return of OP but I'm not sure.

I remember somewhere that the lion/puma part was act. named Lynx.

6. kenm2474

I thought about that But Roller had a name of his own and had his own personallity about him. Sky Lynxes lower half had the same voice as Sky Lynx and same personallity(Just watch that episode again.) and I didnt catch a name either.

7. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

If the bottom part was named Lynx when they were seperate, was the bird part just called Sky?

8. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

I remember him talking it wasnt like skylynx british more of a animal - type where it's has the muffed growling type.

Not that I remember I think I remember the bottom half still referring to the bird part as skylynx.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe he was meant to be a weird type of triple changer???? LOL

10. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    sky lynx didn't sound british. No brit sounds like that!

Also it's not a puma, or a lion, it's a mechanical lynx.

As for them being seperate beings, I tend to look on them being one whole that can seperate into duocon like autonomous units, they areto different vessels sharing one mind.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, maybe he's more like a Pretender. The shells didn't need their own names.

12. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

What I remember from the comics he was more of a triple changer type of thing - well from the UK comic - when he was being hunted by Grimlock and the newly launched ark he changed from the bird to lynx to try elude the dinobots in an asteroid field..

The cartoon ... only recall seeing the "lynx" part once or twice... will have to watch them again now lol

13. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lynx was the name; I think they had different personalities but I could easily be wrong...

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I hate to argue with others but I think that you guys that say he was two seprate beings are remembering things wrong.

Acorrding to the Marvel Comics bio he was one being that could split into two different components.
    http://www.seibertron.com/comics/universe/original/?tf_id=skylynx

This was also how it was explained in the Dreamwave "More then meets the eye" bio.And the fact that the toy bio neglects to say that he two seprate beings indicates to me that he's one person.

Yes he can split into 2 independently working components but so can the Duo-cons.

And in the episodes of the G1 toon that we see him working as ether form or both at the same time both had the same personalty.

15. kenm2474

Thats what I was thinking after reading his Bio. I wish there was more detail on him somewhere.

16. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Think of it like how Omega Supreme turns into a tank and a shuttle without them being different characters.

17. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    OK, haven't rewatched the DVDs recently, so I can't cite my sources, but SkyLynx has always been one of my favs and at one point I very carefully noted every instance in the cartoon regarding this issue, these are my conclusions:

Bottom half is called "Lynx", though there is no indication that the top half is called "Sky", though it logically would be

He can separate into both halves at will, but only one half ever seems to be sentient/conscious at a time. This has led me to conclude that whichever body he chooses to be in leaves the other in a drone-state like Roller etc.

He's a wonderful jerk, and was the perfect choice to be Roddy's REAL 2nd in command, despite all the screen time Magnus got ;) 

D/L

18. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

He did have a British acceent.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Well here's the dreamwave bio.Theres a little more but not much.

[​IMG]

I've been watching the 3rd season latly and I dont remember a episode where the bottom half is called "Linx".If you know of one pleses let me know.

Yes he can split into two halfs but I see no evidence that only one half is sentient/conscious at a time.In his first cartoon apperance he fights all 5 of the Predacons at the same time while in both halfs.

So unless one is under remote control of the other it would seem that he's capable of spliting fuctions into his two halfs equilly.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  20. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Have you ever been to Britain? I'm English, I live there and I've never heard anyone sound like that. I think you're getting it confused with an 'educated upper class' accent which in terms of the English language is not necessarily confined to England.

Also Tracks doesn't sound 'gay' (because they have an accent?)