Customs: Skullgrin,Octopunch,Iguanus,bomburst help/advice

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shadeozero, Aug 2, 2012.

1. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ WHOLE THING. (sorry for caps)

Hey guys shade here sorry been absent a while not much time with work and everything, anyways gonna go down the list and explain what I need some help and advice with, thanks again to those that help.

1st off skullgrin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok my main problem with this guys is the base body for the inner robot, I am restarting the shell because as stated in one of my posts my nephew dropped it and almost everything on it shattered XD but have another shell body and have already been starting on that. Ok so the base body I didn't want to copy others before me and do what they have done. After staring at the 2nd picture for about an hour and going through all toy molds I can think of, I've narrowed it down to war for cyebrtron megatron mold and a classic seeker mold with some modding, For the barrels since thier are 4 of them but they are skinny I found some on shapeways I could use. What I am asking advice on this one is the mold to use for the inner robot (he is pretty skinny and has like a cybertronian tank mode to him 4 barrels, 2 top,2 other 1 on each side.)

Next Octopunch:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok for this one one of the problems I'm having is for the inner robot a head that is close enough but is around same size as the head already on the base crab figure, maybe something close enough where I can just sculpt a little bit?
    Lastly on this one the shell I kind of wanted to just use the bioshock rosie figure and it works great and test fitted how the inner robot will attach and what not, but I digress the problem I am having with this one is that the bioshock figure is wearing a suit while octopunch in some areas looks more like skin, so I had 2 soloutions, one paint the bioshock figure in same colour scheme accept in darker colours so it looks like he has been underwater alot (like a rusted ancient kind of look) or sculpt on his toes on the boot and blend it remove all the kibble (belt straps armor from bioshock figure) sculpt on his bracers and re sculpt his knee armor and then paint that way most of the suit is covered up and whatever is showing I can pass off as skin.

Iguanus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok for this one I really didnt want to copy aprim with the shell but thier was no way around it my original idea was to use the new arkham killer croc that just came out but it is too solid on the inside(not really hollow) so I am using the ginats of justice.....ok let me start off by saying this figure although nice size and everything has almost no poseability just has wrist swivel,shoulder rotation,neck rotation, legs foward and back, waist rotation thats it. So to solve this I am going to cut him up and use some kotobukiya joints (kind of like revoltech) on his arms and shoulders and probably a ball joint in the neck. What I need help with on this one is I need to find leg replacement but if you look at his original picture he has lizard legs not pants so if any1 can think of a good lizard like figure to use with good leg articculation and similar scale pattern that would be awsome, shell is around 12" in height. okay now the inner robot ransack is a good choice nice size and everything but after a second glance I noticed something look at art picture closely he has Wheels sticking out of his shoulders and that made me thing of RID axer and just a head swap and bam I think, now they are around the same size no? other then that the shells face armor will be sculpted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lasly bomburst I am gonna use the same inner robot (terradive)as aprim but with a twist ;)  and same shell as well(Pitt) (as I have a ton of spare gargoyle figures that I can use and a Pitt) so that one kind of worked itself out reason being is that these figures are just a perfect choice great articulation and resemblance. The only difference will between ours will probably be aesthitics like armor and such. I am gonna add those wing like blasters/wings to terradive from a classics seeker dirge or a suitable replacement, shell armor will be sculpted on. Problem I am having is the head for shell I can either sculpt the whole thing or I remember that the viewtiful joe toys had a charles the 3rd figure (google it) I just watned to know if any1 had this figure and could tell me how big the head is (size comparison next to a deluxe) That is it.
    If you can think of anything better then any of me ideas I'm all ears.
    Think you guys would be suprised with my bludgeon as I have a feeling he gonna turn out really well.
    Would love some feedback,help,advice thanks for reading guys.
    - Shade

2. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Anyone?

3. shadeozero

Ebay:
    bump

4. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Skullgrin:
    What are you using for the 'shell'? WFC Megs is a decent sized robot with some decent mass to him. If you're maybe looking for something smaller then I would suggest the Energon scout sized omnicron (I can't think fo the name, but the guy with the spear). Replace his leg claws with treads and boom.

Octopunch:
    I'm not familiar with that crab figure so I don't know what a good sized head would be. Off the top of my head I would suggest maybe Calssics 2-pack prime (the deluxe with the stupid spinning punch of lameness feature). Chop of the antennae and paint it red and it looks like it might work.
    For teh shell, I would blend your two ideas. Use putty to cover up some of the suit details and give him boils and whatnot and paint the remains of the the suit to look decayed and rusted - like he was a a monster who mutated and started to burst out of the suit.

Iguanus:
    I'm just not familiar with enough figures to suggest anything for the legs. Maybe go look in the dinosaur aisles for something that'll work?
    As for the inner robot, DOTM HA Tailpipe also has the wheels at the shoulders look so that might work as well.

Bomburts:
    I got nothing, sorry...

Hope that all helps, and good luck. More pretenders is always a good thing.

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

For Skullgrim: FoC Brawl, all the way. Double barreled floating tank. Stick some guns on the side and call it a day. BAM.

CLassics Deluxe Prime's head is way too big for Razorclaw's mold. Actually, the Road Rocket mold's head would be about the right size, and easy to get thanks to the ridiculously plentiful RR KOs that are everywhere.

For Bombburst: What about a Man-Bat figure? I'm pretty sure the Viewtiful Joe figures were pretty small. Surely a large Man-Bat figure came out at some point.