Skullface latest video

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shunwei, Aug 11, 2018 at 11:41 PM.

1. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

just saw his latest video on flame toys, just feel a bit disturbed by what he said and his apparent disdain for KOs or people who choose jot to go overboard to pay for the hobby. I have know for a long time that he is very anti KO, which is fine as I respect people’s opinions, although personally I have grown to respect KOs a lot more in recent years as they do have a place in the hobby for people who don’t want to sink a lot of cash into the hobby and still want to enjoy it. But what he said about not saying the word “can’t” when it comes to buying these figures . . . . . I don’t know, kind of rubs me the wrong way. On the one hand he recommends being financially responsible, but on the other hand he seems dismissive of people who choose to draw the line somewhere on what they want to spend. He seems very pro-flame and willing to go to lengths to advocate for these extreme high-end figures. Hmmm.

• Like Like x 5
  2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farms remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with BSF regarding KOs. I think he's pretty much spot-on.

But this could probably be posted in the KOs thread.

• Like Like x 21
  3. Chareos

Chareos Go Ask Elric

Unless I -have- to get a figure before reviews I often read what people think on these boards, and watch a cross-section of reviews.

Ultimately I make my own decision on available information and my desires.

Don't base your purchases on what anyone thinks. Buy what you think you will enjoy.

• Like Like x 20
  4. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

I sorta get where he was coming from (from his point of view)

I can't afford it vs It's not worth it. He's just trying to say it's not that you can't afford things if you want it bad enough and to put enough effort in to earn the money to get it somehow....just that it's not worth the effort it will take or it is worth the effort it will take.

I guess the only problem with that theory is "I work overtime to get what I want". Well, my job for example, you're not allowed to have overtime unless it's an extreme situation. I *suppose* I could make other sacrifices in my personal life money wise to get something insanely expensive. But then you're back to the whole "Sure I could....but is it worth it?"

Some people though have just enough income to get what they need to make it day to day and there isn't any "I can sacrifice this for that" money so when you get to that point, the whole theory of Cant vs Worth it goes out the window. Although in fairness, this isn't the hobby anyone who barely makes enough money to squeak by should in anyhow.

• Like Like x 7
  5. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

LOL. He is not being contradictory at all when speaks about being financially responsible. KOing a figure as in making a straight copy of a figure is stealing someone's work. If you can't afford it now, you can always wait or you can always not buy it.

There's NOTHING in this world that says that says you deserve everything.

• Like Like x 29
  6. mrprime222000

mrprime222000 Well-Known Member

I actually wholly agree. I didn’t feel like he was insulting people who don’t buy stuff. Just saying that it’s possible. Yeah I could get a second job and never sleep and sell my other displays. And I could afford that stuff. But j don’t want to do that. It’s not worth it. I mean sure I could. But it’s not worth it. I do think bobby can be abrasive. But so can I without meaning to so I don’t mind it. You do you though. And hey, I own a KO MP-36.

• Like Like x 10
  7. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    QFMFT

• Like Like x 5
  8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I don't have a HUGE income, and I pay more than most of you people for the same toy... And I can still buy them by saving money and discipline.

I only buy KOs when there are some improvements on the figure (ratchets), because most of the time KOs hurt the hobby in some way or another... Just go to other threads and you will see the post "I will wait for the KO" from time to time. But that's just me, I don't tell other people what to do with their money.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I buy KOs without feeling bad because I know there are enough fine outstanding high moral types to buy the originals to ensure I get a steady stream of cheap just as good or better than the original KOs. Plus I know my KO purchase help the KO makers feed their families cuz they gotta eat too. Hell, with as much as I spend on KOs they probably get to eat real food instead of KO'd food.

• Like Like x 38
  10. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

News Credits:
    I do reviews and first to admit my mp10 is ko. I will do ko reviews in the future. You really can't bash other people for what they buy. If he feels strongly about it then he should attack the companies producing the product not the consumer. I think the flame toys look good but at the end of the day they are just figures since they don't transform and expensive for what they are imo. Don't let what someone else says upset you. As a child I would get mad and my grandfather taught me something I remember to this day. He said the only person that can make you mad is you and that's very true

• Like Like x 1
  11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Hahaha you always have something to say that draws a smile on my face :D 

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

I've been pretty lucky - I have a job that pays well and no real responsibilities, so I can buy (almost) anything I want. So I can afford to pay more to get more, if it's something I really like.

Obviously that's not possible for everyone. That's why I'm happy to see something like Open & Play putting out cheaper options. Hope more 3Ps consider that kind of business model.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I like BSF and his videos but I honestly don't take anything he says personal or with a grain of salt. He hates KOs, oh well, what the fuck does that have to do with my like of them? Nothing. So he can do his thing, I do mine but I still think he has very valid points.

• Like Like x 10
  14. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

BSF has his own opinion. You have yours. I have mine. But at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is what you want. Besides, it's your money you're spending, not his.

• Like Like x 12
  15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Ron Swanson

News Credits:
    Yeah, tell that to MP Cheetor.

Work? Tell that to MPM 04, that couldn't even tab together proper and it took a KO to fix it.

Pretty sure if I pay for something, I deserve it to do what it is supposed to do.

I really stopped caring about "someone else's work" when they started doing it half-assed and didn't care to even resolve the issue.

--------------

As for BSF, I could care less. When a guy wants to rant on the internet about morals while hiding his face behind a mask, it sorta... cheapens the message. Almost like some sort of knock-off.

Lastly, how many threads do we need on this topic?

• Like Like x 10
  16. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

Why give a crap what he thinks

• Like Like x 15
  17. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

If I buy a KO it's because I can't afford or don't want to spend X amount on the original. If that's the case I'm most likely never going to buy the original anyway.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven’t seen the video but have zero interest in his opinion at all as he’s a total hypocrite on this subject. Look up a video he did a while ago comparing the ethics of KO vs 3P. In it he explains that he thinks 3P are okay because they’re “unique”. As a comparison he explains that he runs a business on the side selling comic book “art” where he draws well known characters such as Batman or Superman and sells them for profit. He thinks this is legit because he’s drawing Batman “standing in a new pose” and not just “copying an exisiting cover”. Basically he’s selling KO artworks of Marvel and DC characters and using his bullshit “3P good - KO bad” argument to justify it. The guys a total hypocrite judging others for buying KO while he’s selling KO products for his own profit.

• Like Like x 14
  19. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star That Sunsurge Guy.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fan art is actually a very legitimate thing people do. I think most corporate entities allow it. For one it’s where they find their talent. You know how IDW and transformers found Kei Zama? I’m sure a majority of comic book artists all operated precisely like BSF did before landing that dream gig.

• Like Like x 12
  20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

What's the point of this thread? Does anybody really care what a reviewer says about your spending/purchasing habits? His job is to evaluate the quality of toys. I don't give a damn what he thinks about anything else.

• Like Like x 12