Skir & Isenberg and other TF notables appearing @ Comic-Con

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voiceroy, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

Sep 30, 2004
    News Credits:
    According to the list of "Attending Professionals" at the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con, Beast Machines story editors Bob Skir and Marty Isenberg will be present at the con. Sorry, there's no other details available on their appearance.

On an unrelated note, bags of rotten produce and firearms are not allowed into the convention.

Also attending the convention:

- Paul Dini, writer of the G1 episode "The Dweller in the Depths" (not a great ep, but it was early in his writing career, after all).
    - Earl Kress, writer of several G1 eps, but most notably "The Desertion of the Dinobots" and "Hoist Goes Hollywood."
    - Wally Wingert, voice of Transformers:RID Sideburn and Mirage, but likely better known for his voice work on "Family Guy" and "Invader ZIM". Wally is also a special make-up effects artist and costumer, and always makes a couple appearances at the con in full array.
    - Gregg Berger, voice of G1's Grimlock, Long Haul, and Skyfire.
    - Michael Bell, voice of Prowl, Sideswipe, Swoop, Scrapper, Bombshell, and other G1 characters.
    - Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche, more well known as the voices of Pinky & The Brain (respectively), but they also voiced characters on the G1 TV series. They will be doing a panel presentation in promotion of the release of the new Animaniacs/Pinky & The Brain DVD sets More details here:

LaMarche, Bell, and Berger will also be involved in a panel discussion of voice actors in animation on Saturday (7.22 @ 2:30PM) hosted by animation/comics writer and voice director Mark Evanier. Mark is also hosting another VA panel on Sunday, but only Billy West has been announced as a guest so far. I have a feeling Rob Paulsen will show up for that one too.

Hasbro and Dreamworks will likely be in full force promoting the hell out of the live-action movie. I'm hoping there will be a panel presentation sometime during the course of the weekend and that it doesn't overlap with another panel I want to attend.

And for current TF comics fans, IDW Publishing and Devil's Due will both have booths at the con.

I'll update this thread with any further important updates over the next couple weeks, but in the meantime you're welcome to check the official con site for updates: