Skids and Mudflap

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daviddt, Jan 6, 2011.

1. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

I know most of the fans didn't like 'The twins', Bay hated them too.

Bay told that their will be a lot of dead in the last movie.

Skids and Mudflap will be killed pretty early in the film I guess. I haven’t seen any photo from the two in Chicago. Just one photo butt it wasn't with the other autobots.

Pretty logic actually, with the wreckers, wheeljack and the Ferrari 5 new autobots appear. I am pretty sad Jolt isn't their anymore

I liked them though.

2. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Here you go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TWINS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Shockwave, Dreads, megs, soundwave, Starscream, armoured truck con kill them

Thread over

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    That's funny, because Skids and Mudflap were Bay's idea. :lol 

Last interview he said DOTM would get rid of the dorky humor, that there were just 2 zany characters and that's it. My guess is he was referring to these two.

Not sure if they will live or die. I don't really mind them, as long as they've gotten a bit wiser.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Seriously, the Twins are no where near as bad as fans make them. IMO that whole this is up there with "Beast Machines is the scourge of the TF mythos" fiasco.

5. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

I actually did not think the twins were that bad, In fact, I bought both of them for my nephew's birthday that year...
    Essentially they were uneducated teenagers thrust into a war that they really do not understand. They certainly behaved like teenagers and brothers. Clearly they have an affection for Earth culture - especially the American variety. They are even kind of obese in appearance and don't read. They make zany fighting noises and over the top "ninja" moves. This is what I expect a young Autobot more or less reared in America to be like I guess.
    Were they annoying at times? Sure, but their comic relief was not as bad as Megan Fox's "acting."

6. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Ditto

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Star Wars was lucky they only had one Jar Jar Binks but we got two of them with Transformers.

I know some fans like them because we all like different things, but they are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    The only real problem with the Twins are their Turner versions shelf-warm. Everything else with the Twins are personal opinions.

In my opinion Jar Jar is twice as annoying as the Twins combined. In my opinion Jar Jar symbolizes the entire prequel trilogies problems. While the twins are part of Bayformers and not G1, Jar Jar is more devastating because they forced him into the existing continuity, while Bayformers didn't.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have liked them more if they had gotten better developed. I think the structure was there. Here is where it could have gone:

-The Twins screw up in Shanghai. Upon returning to NEST, Ironhide rips into them and tells them to reformat as they clearly aren't working well as a team.

-After the death of Prime, Ironhide tells them to go with Bumblebee and protect Sam no matter what.

-When Devastator shows up, the Twins decide to prove themselves and try to take him down. Mudflap is sucked into Devastator's maw and is destroyed. Skids goes into a rage and attacks Devastator with everything he's got and actually seems to be making some headway but is ultimately killed (maybe by Megatron, who orders Devastator to the pyramid).

Of course, using that as a set up, I would have Ironhide lead a counter attack against Devastator while Prime fought with Megatron and The Fallen. The railgun would still strike the killing blow but maybe Ironhide and the rest lead Devastator into range.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The Twins were not that bad. They were annoying, but that's kinda the point. They're supposed to be two really uncool kids trying to be cool, trying to act cool but they just aren't. They're posers. They're not racist, they're not everything that's wrong with TFs, they're just two slightly annoying characters who are barely in the movie.

11. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i hope starscream megs and shockwave rip them to shreds in slow mo:ev: 

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the twins personally and I think it would be of extreme bad taste to kill two light-hearted characters just because of FAN HATE.

It's just as dumb as that comic where Daniel and Wheelie suicide.

Tone 'em down, give 'em less time, anything is fine really they had enough time in movie 2, but killing would be totally lame for me.

13. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just give them the jar jar phase out treatment

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My personal thoughts on the characters (scroll down). I would've posted the original discussion thread, but that kinda got dragged down in flame wars and and general douchebaggery at the end of it.

In short: I really enjoyed them as characters. They were a fresh archetype as far as TF characters go, and if people weren't so invested in turning them into something controversial when they really weren't, they might have seen the potential.

I'd hate to see them killed off out of shear spite. They're extremely redeemable.

15. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    yeah, I agree with some of the above posters. I think bay should just phase them out rather than kill them. Just give them the barricade/jolt treatment.

16. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    More or less. I don't know if killing them is really an appropriate conclusion to that character arc, though. They need to prove themselves a valuable asset to the team, ie: mature through what they learn in the movie and you don't quite get that sense if they're both killed off (that is, if there's no potential to see the pay off in later installments).

For me, Jar Jar is ultimately worse because he was a weak plot device (in both TPM and ATOC) who was artificially shoe-horned into every scene possible (in TPM anyway). The twins are at least appropriately included on the Matrix quest (which is only the second half of the movie; they're mostly non-existent in the first half) even if they don't have a sufficient character arc to make it work.

17. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The idea I had in mind would actually tie into a character arc for Ironhide. With their deaths, he would have realized how he had misjudged and create some pathos for the characters. In a follow up, maybe Ironhide would feel guilt over their deaths, as well as the death of Jazz, which would lead to Ironhide sacrificing himself to save the day, determined to not fail, no matter what.*

Of course, them serviving and earning Ironhide's respect would work too. It would just depend on how you want the story to pan out in the sequels. I don't know why but I like the idea of Ironhide relating to the Twins in someway.

*I actually DO suspect this will happen in DOTM, although his motivations will likely be different.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I love the Twins. They're great and I hope they don't die.

19. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The twins were alright. I enjoyed them for what they were. You want something really annoying? How about a bunch of nerdy fanboys crying about a movie. Thats even worse than Jar Jar.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amen to that. You don't like it? Stop paying attention to it. Trying to piss on everybody else's parade just makes things worse.