Skids and Mudflap canned?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Archangel_B4U, May 13, 2011.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    No dude, people who think they're racist aren't using common sense.

Talking ghetto street isn't racist. Never has been, never will me. White people do it, black people do it, hispanic people do it, etc. It was just an excuse to call them racist.

Now if they talked that way while also doing things like talking about chicken or watermelon or slavery or anything along those lines, THEN there's no defense.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude what the hell? Topless Robot just started posting Twin stuff from a year ago like it's news as well.

I don't know why Bay is so devoted to saying that the Twins aren't in, why entertainment articles keep covering it, why it's not relevant that they were spotted on the set and in the trailer that Bay himself cut...it's a never-ending stupid cascade.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Ha! I made an error in my original post too and made the correction, but now Nevermore has preserved it for posterity.

I should have just deleted the post and reposted. Ah well. Here's my corrected statement:

4. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    why the hell would you compare alien robots to african americans?
    so they talk street meaning they must be african american?
    a bit ironic that the ones who call them racist are being racist and starting it all

5. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    im fine with this i love the twins but if this means that i dont have to hear anyone esle whine about them while they r still in the movie then im game.

this
    and i LOVE your sig.

6. autobotsrule000

autobotsrule000 Active Member

At least the toy wasnt canned...

[​IMG]

7. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

quoted for truth.

Racism doesn't have to be blatant, there are more subtle forms of it too. Combined with the caricature faces, I think there's more than enough to make someone uncomfortable without saying they're not using common sense or they're racist themselves. I went to a somewhat elite college and saw the movie with people of different races, and we all agreed it was a little racially insensitive. Does that make us racists? I would hope not...

My problem with the whole twins controversy is how quick and how blindly people pick one side then throw names at the other. I've seen it on these boards and on others as well. People who made statements like "the twins can't read, that's racist" weren't paying attention to the movie-- none of the Autobots could read ancient Cybertronian. People on the other side go into a blind rage when their beloved franchise is criticized: "If you see racism, you are a racist yourself!" Neither of these positions is logical and both just add fuel to the flame.

8. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of the "News" content on Yahoo is garbage and designed to do nothing more than move ad space.