Skids and Mudflap Are Not on DotM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RavenZhef, May 14, 2011.

1. RavenZhef

RavenZhef Member

2. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    This is a bit old, I'm afraid.

There have also been some mixed messages regarding the characters entirely, and we really won't know for sure what their fate is until we see the movie.

CORRECTION: The article itself is not old, having been posted this past Thursday. But the issue of whether or not the Twins will be feature in Dark of the Moon has been under discussion for some time now.

3. MrBlud

MrBlud Defender of the G1 Faith

Didn't Michael Bay say Megatron wasn't in ROTF after we saw actual footage of Megatron in ROTF?

While I'd personally love for the twins to disappear into whatever explosion/black hole that claimed Mikaela I doubt that will happen.

4. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  5. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
  6. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    why'd it say "yeah, they're back, but let's say they're toned down" if referring to Brains, wheelie, steeljaw, the wreckers or wheeljack??

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Capone said 'street smart', and we presume Skids and Mudflap as Brains and the Wreckers weren't in the second film so they can't be 'back'.

8. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    "I'll thank whatever movie gods I have to that Sam's annoying parents are barely in this TRANSFORMERS installment. Without fail, they take us out of the action on the drop of a dime, they aren't funny, and we don't need comic relief like this anyway when we've got street-smart little robots to entertain us. Yes, they're back too, but let's just say they're toned down."

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)  whether they die or not they are in the film.:)  long live the twins and wheeljack.

9. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

10. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

tbh I thought Sam's mom was pretty funny. Although it most certainly is true that they detract from the main purpose of the movie.

11. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    They are in the film. Deal with it. You really think Michael Bay would let idiots convince him to abandon characters he created?

I think sams parents are some of the better comedic moments in transformers so far. The hash brownies making his mum act like she was on acid was a bit much though

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Skids and Mudflap are not in The Dark of the Moon.

In related news bacon is now good for you, Larry the Cable Guy is the new Queen of England, and Micheal Bay is leaving the film industry forever because he feels so bad about the money I wasted watching Pearl Harbor.

13. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

oh yeah i just saw this as well, and i will paraphrase what, what who was it? i think gogdog? said on the podcast after rotf that its the people who are racist for identifing that race with that sub-culture.

14. casabonita

casabonita Autobot

News Credits:
    this, why did eating it turn her into an aggressive drunk? I guess they thought it would be funny but you wouldn't act that way, just sayin. I don't really care about the twins, I had my fill in rotf but I'm indifferent if they're back, they're back if not fine. I don't really care. Sam's parents are ok in small doses.

15. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

This is one of the reason misinformation campaigns (AKA "Let's just lie to screw with peoples' heads) is a childish, stupid plan, IMHO.

It's okay to lie to a couple of fans when they're on set to just shut them up and move them along; IE, "Yeah, that big Firetruck thing is Optimus Prime's new alt mode!" or "No! Megatron isn't in it at all!" because they're unreliable witnesses spreading rumors.

You can't be the director of this multi-billion dollar franchise, and then lie in a press release, and expect people to forget about it. This isn't little league. This crap made the Yahoo Homepage. If the Twins are in the movie (as they are both in the latest trailer and the movie adaptation), someone's going to have some major 'splaining to do.

16. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    From the big man himself:

So....WTF!?

17. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

well a lot of people saw their car modes and if that doesn't count them the trailer is one big lie

i'll take that 25k in a cheque

18. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

Oh Bay, you're such a dumbass.

They just saw 30min of DOTM with the twins in it. Multiple people are posting this. Even if that was an old cut, they are CGI. You mean to tell me thousands of dollars were wasted cause now your going to cut them out?

I will bet you that post of his disappears before the movie hits theaters.

P.S. Bay
    I know Soundwave is the mercedes. Herp Derp.

19. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Well those two cars are some kind of twin characters that ARE in the movie

SUPER SUPER SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF PLOT TWISTS RUIN THE MOVIE FOR YOU
    When Sentinel Prime betrays the Autobots and kills Ironhide two characters CLOSELY resembling the Twins are there as well with some humans. They shout for the humans to run as they try to defend them from Sentinel but obviously they are no match. This was in the comic adaption of the movie.

So whether our ROTF Twins are in or not some kind of twins are that is for sure

20. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits: