2D Artwork: Sketch of one of the Original 13; Savage Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Robimus Major, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Robimus Major

Robimus Major Well-Known Member

So this is a sketch of my version of one of the Original 13; the one with a beast mode.

He goes by the working title of Savage Primal, but I'm not 100% happy with the name (any ideas are more than welcome).

He is going to be coloured a dull, blue-grey and maroon.

His beast mode resembles Noble from Beast Machines, with Savage's wings (as seen in the show). He generally walks around on all four feet (opposed to the two as Noble does).

His beast mode tail becomes a sword in robot mode.

I drew inspiration from Optimus Primal, Predacon Megatron, Grimlock, Savage/Noble and one of Josh Nizzi's designs for one of the 13 from RotF.

Any comments or criticisms are, as usual, more than welcome. The rest of the 13 will follow, as will the coloured version of Savage Prime, when its done.

Attached Files:

2. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Neat concept.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am intrigued by the design. I can't quite put my finger on it (or else I'd give you some help on improvement), but there seems to be something missing to cue me into seeing this as a "TRANSFORMER" versus "a cool robot". I don't think adding a faction symbol (especially given the nature of the character) is the solution either.

4. Robimus Major

Robimus Major Well-Known Member

Thanks Wingnut

Superquad7, I really can see what you mean. Could it be that it isn't a recognisable character? If it was my version of Optimus or Soundwave, would that help you see it as a Transformer? Is it because there's no vehicle parts, with having a beast alt mode?

I don't know, but, I seriously appreciate your input (and the fact you refered to it as a "cool robot", thanks). I want to create all 13 eventually and, as an amateur Transformer drawer (I'll not say artist), I need any help I can get.

Thanks for the constructive criticism.