Skeletons in my Closet (a sad story originally meant for V-Day)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awful_gollum, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Wow, that sounds horrible... I know, you two were only in grade school when you were sweethearts, but still... to break up all because being tormented by your peers... that's pretty messed up.

Now, I have no experience in interracial relationships, but why should you let others dictate who you can or cannot be friends, lovers with? It's your life, you should be free to be in love with whoever you want, regardless of race.

To still be upset over this, going to therapy sessions and all of that, it certainly sounds like this is/was a big deal for you. If at all possible, see if you can't find her and let her know how you feel, so that way you can move on with your life.

I think you will still be able to love someone else as much as you were in love with this girl. It'll take time, but I'm sure you'll find someone with whom you can share your life with.

I almost had a boyfriend back in high school, and while I still kick myself for not realizing that this guy wanted to date me until it was too late, I'm certain that I will be able to find somebody to love someday.

Guess what I'm trying to say is.... it's not too late to find love elsewhere. Just keep in mind that it's your life, you're free to love whoever you deem worthy, and remember not to repeat the same mistakes you made back then. If it's possible to get back in touch with the girl, and if you two can patch things up and still be friends, all the better for you to move on.

2. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

I think he's feeling bad because she's the one who got away. Being Taunted as a kid can cause mental stress.

All of this to a realization of why he hurt her. Of course I'll feel bad too.

3. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I have a lost love story of my own.

I'll never forget her. Her name was Tashonda. She was Whoopi Goldberg's stand-in. Her skin was so soft, her lips were so sweet. She had these tiny little Hershey kisses nipples that you just wanted to suck on all night long. Anyway, last day of shooting I told her. I said "T-Bird, we're gonna have to break up".

I didn't think I could take on that kind of responsibility. What a big mistake!

The point is boys, even though I loved having sex with some hot random trim, a day hasn't gone by where I haven't thought of Tashonda. Every time I see a bag of Hershey kisses, my balls get so wet.

- Coeloptera

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

ITT most people lack reading comprehension. Utterly maddening.

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Damn bro, I know exactly how that feels, that sucks. :(  Best of luck with getting over it, and it's great that you're willing to confront this and possibly end all this guilt you've been feeling.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Don't blame yourself man, decisions are hard when your a kid and you're not expected to make all the right ones at that age.
    It's understandable why you bailed, that kind of thing is hard on a kid.

Would be a good time to move on, Im sure she's doing fine now.

7. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Try to find her, maybe you can reconcile. If not then you can appologize (judging by the fact this still tears you apart, I think you feel that you should).
    Then you can move on and appreciate the mistakes you made because you can learn from them. They are a part of who you are now.

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I am a monster and I'm going straight to hell.

- Coeloptera

9. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I'm not sure which part of the advice train is more stupid: the advice given, or the fact that people are actually putting up stuff like this and expecting valuable feedback. Fucksake, people, we're just guys who collect plastic robots, not licensed therapists.

Having said that, the OP did make a mistake when he was young. Like someone else said, find her on Facebook, or if she's local give her a call and meet for coffee or something. You do at least owe her an apology. Who knows? Maybe you can salvage a friendship out of this. If she's moved on (and God help her if she hasn't in 10 years) then maybe you can still be her friend.

As for this "never love again" bullshit... fuck man, listen to Draven. The cat knows what he's talking about. We've all been there, and it sucks for a while, but then you find the next hot thing further on down the road, and eventually the old feelings lock themselves away deep in the part of your brain that stores memories that you don't use very often. It's life.

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Cool story, I've turned down guys because they were too "geeky" for me in the past. I feel really stupid for that now. :lol 

Uhh actually, in a year I will be licensed! :D  ... If I pass the exam that is lol.

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

in 9th and 10th grade of high school, i had a girlfriend that i cared deeply. the problem was that when i met her father. he disliked me because i wasn't a full blooded mexican.
    this upsetted me be i wasn't gonna break up with her just because he didn't like me.

but then he took the whole family and went back to mexico. i was heartbroken. the last time i spoke to her was on my birthday 2001. it took me 2 years to get over it.

i recently met her in summer 2009. still a great person, still lovely and married. all i can really do is wish her happiness. or at least i could until i learned more that it was forced marriage commented by her father and she still talks to most of the same friends we had in high school. she's not happy. she's miserable.

thats all im gonna say.

im sorry that happened to you. as kids you were more influenced by your peers, as you grow older. other people thoughts don't matter.

12. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Craziness. I dated and married a black woman. We are seperated now but it has nothing to do with race. We started dating as 17 yr olds in 1996, and there were plenty of things said to me/us and I lost a friend or two over it. But screw 'em. I'm just not that type of person, if I care/love someone then the only thing that matters is how we feel for each other.

This isn't an advice forum or anything, but I'd say it's time to move on.

BTW, while I think the OP was a little overly dramatic, it makes me sad and irritated by a couple of posts in this thread by people hiding behind a computer screen. No need to be an asshole; some of you need to understand how to carry yourself in a respectful way when dealing with others, regardless of whether or not it is over the Internet or in person. Whether you mean it or not, it reflects who you are as a person.

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    It takes a lot of strength to maintain a biracial relationship. Even more so to be the product of one. People are gonna stare, and make dumb ass comments....kids (for the most part, and even some adults too) are just stupid like that.

It's in the past, I'd say try and move on. Hope your therapy helps you get over it.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    That sucks. Glad you trying to get over it. Good luck.

15. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Abundant Member

[​IMG]??? That isn't sad.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like you made some bad decisions for bad reasons. The best thing to do is to learn from them and move on. You should also remember that it's been over a decade since all of these things, and you aren't the same person now as you were then. The older you get, the more things from the past seem unreachably good. I would stop trying to be that guilt free kid you were and embrace your experiences with new wisdom and confidence.

17. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Not cool dude,Not cool.

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I don't know about skeletons in my closet, but I have a bone in my pants...

19. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

WTF! the camera was actually on?? you said the red light ment it was off. thats the last time i let you use a camera in my bedroom Rabbot

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

oh yes it is, :lolol 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.