Sizes, I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    In the first movie, I figured that Optimus was shorter than Starscream and Megatron. In the game, Starscream and Megatron are bigger than Optimus. But in the second movie starscream is shorter than Optimus and Optimus and megatron are almost the same height. What gives, or dose anyone care about the size?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Transformers and their sizes have always been incosistent. Its just one of the flaws of Transformers in Movies, Comics and Cartoons.

3. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Firstly, in the first movie, Optimus and Starscream never interacted, so his size compaired to that of Optimus isn't certain there. We've seen him interactioning with Optimus in the second movie, and we saw they're same height. As for Megatron, it makes sense for him to be shorter, since he had longer limbs in the first movie. After all, he's been rebuilt with new parts. So the scale goes like this:

First movie:
    Optimus and Starscream same height, Megatron slightly taller

Second movie:
    All 3 are same height.

So there.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I've always thought that Starscream was slightly shorter then Prime, and Prime was slightly shorter then Megs.

But that new ROTF game really screwed up the heights. Prime was so much smaller than Megs and Screamer in that game, it was amazing!

5. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Look, the game screws up scale epically. Look at say, Ironhide standing next to the cars on the street. He is far larger than he should be as a pickup truck.

Heck, look at the individual Devastator parts. Even for construction equipment, his limbs are massively outsized.

Roll with it.

- Coeloptera

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    like recall said, there is a constant scale issue in the films (and other series). But to be honest, I don't think it's so drastic that we notice it without intense scrutiny. It would be a lot of extra work for ILM to make sure everything is always perfectly in scale.

7. Attacker_Prime

I've just played Transformers 2007: The Game, and I realized something. Every robot is oversized, but that only for gameplay purposes such as picking up cars and throwing them at the enemy, etc. So the scale we should consider as "the true scale" is the movies' one.

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Megs is shorter in ROTF? Great, maybe I can finally accept the fact that my Voyager Megs is shorter than my Voyager Prime.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Nope. Megs should still be taller than Prime, shorter than he was in the first film or not.

10. Urbanrocker

Urbanrocker Active Member

I'm still not seeing how Prime is 32 feet tall. A truck is big I know but damn I'm just not seeing it. But yea in ROTF Prime and Starscream come up to Megatrons chest which is about a 4 or 5 foot difference. So Prime being 32ft, SS being 33, and Megatron being 36ft tall sound about right. Are the ROTF game models accurate? Could somebody also see how tall Prime would be going by his Leader toy? Cause going by the toys BB is 18ft, Ratchet is 19ft, and Ironhide is 21ft. Which is somewhat close to how it is in the movies.

11. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Sizes I don't get it.

Well then you don't understand Transformers.

12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Prime is 28ft, Starscream is about 30ft (he's just a smidge taller than Prime, but I guess since he always hunched over he appears smaller), and Megs is about 33ft, since he was 35ft in TF1. Blackout/Grindor is about a head taller than Megs, which would make him close to 40ft, and the other Autobots vary from the teens to the twenties.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is only shorter because his transformation basically involves quating as much as possible and Optimus involves stretching as much as possible.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is only shorter because his transformation basically involves quating as much as possible and Optimus involves stretching as much as possible.

15. Urbanrocker

Urbanrocker Active Member

Prime being 28ft is more believable than 32ft but thats still pretty tall for something that came from a truck. The twins also have some serious size issues. How do two halves of an icecream truck make transformers that are supposed to be 10ft tall? Hell how do they even get to have their own individual alt modes? Truly your not supposed to give scale and size issues much thought. Your supposed to be watching giant robots kill each other not wondering how a truck bot and a jet bot are the same size. Still makes for interesting discussion though.

16. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah well, proves how messed up the scale can be despite being persuaded otherwise by the producers.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Also, Starscream does not stand or walk with his legs at maximum height, and he's very wide side to side. So he's a lot shorter than he could be.

18. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grindor had to be a lot taller than prime. prime was dangling from him after ripping his face off by a considerable margin. And meg's and prime were about the same height when standing after meg's blew a hole in primes chest.

19. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

This is one of the reasons I'm so annoyed with the movieverse's whole "we're doing it to proper scale with no mass-shifting" thing. It's all BS. They botched it after about 5 minutes in the first one anyway. I mean look at Bumblebee's transformation. All that robot kibble has to go somewhere right? And it obviously wasn't all in the trunk right? If they were gonna do that anyway, they should have just thrown scale right out the window and given us a mass shifting, cd playing proper Soundwave in the first one.

Personally, I've never given a Ratbat's flying afterburner about size or scale.

20. Attacker_Prime

Here's how the scale is and why:

Starscream: his his wings shape is that of his torso, and he can store a lot of alt mode kibble there. Also, his legs aren't fully extended, so he is shorter than one could judge by his alt mode.

Prime: His transformation is mainly himself touching his toes with his fingers, then parts and armor fold and alt mode. And judging that movieverse characters have long legs, he's about 3 or 4 trucks tall.

Megatron: in the first movie, he was slightly taller than Prime, because his alt mode was a jet, his legs were extended, and his wings didn't enlarge his chest. In the 2nd movie, however, as he lost many parts, he was rebuilt with a constructicon's parts, and constructicons are smaller than Megatron was in the first movie, giving Megatron a smaller size.

Blackout/Grindor - He turns into a huge helicopter, his legs are fully expanded, so he's about 3 helicopters tall, also because he's bulky. So he's 2 or 3 feet taller than Megs/Prime/Screamer, who are same size in TF2.

Scales in game were enlarged/downsized for gameplay reasons.

Scales in toys... well... Prime has a toy in almost every price-point.

I hope this clears it all out.