Customs: Size question...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Keiichitron, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i've been mocking up my kitbash project, classics menasor. i have classics mirage, classics rodimus, cybertron downshift, and cybertron excellion for the limbs. unfortunately, the more i look at it, the less i like excellion. he's too wide compared to the other bots (good thing i got him on the cheap). he just sticks out too much. i was wondering if you all knew a more comparably sized bot to use. just looking around, armada wheeljack might be better, but it's tough to tell with pictures. basically i'm looking for a car about the same footprint as classics rodimus. anyone know if armada wheeljack is about that size? any other bots around this size? thanks a bunch, heh, i know so little about the later transformers :dunce 

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada Wheeljack is roughly the same size as Excellion, I doubt that'll work too well.

Considering how all the Stunticons short of Dragstrip looked very similar, anyways, why not take another Rodimus and just do some modifications to make it look different from the other Rodimus-based Stunticon? Get some epoxy putty and sculpt over the tailpipes, for instance, and maybe remove/replace the spoiler wing. Little things like that.

3. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Armada Wheeljack is roughly the same size as Excellion, I doubt that'll work too well.

Considering how all the Stunticons short of Dragstrip looked very similar, anyways, why not take another Rodimus and just do some modifications to make it look different from the other Rodimus-based Stunticon? Get some epoxy putty and sculpt over the tailpipes, for instance, and maybe remove/replace the spoiler wing. Little things like that.

4. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

try cybertron crosswise not much of a figure but shud work

5. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

try cybertron crosswise not much of a figure but shud work

6. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Why not just remold another hot rod into sideswipe? =)

7. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Why not just remold another hot rod into sideswipe? =)

8. Keiichitron

Ebay:
    i considered that, which would work for alt modes, but then they'd all pretty much look the same as bots.

9. Keiichitron

Ebay:
    i considered that, which would work for alt modes, but then they'd all pretty much look the same as bots.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, Armada Wheeljack is a monster. Bigger than Excellion in both modes, and with a considerably less articulated body than the others you're using. If you're looking for a "footprint" similar to Classics Rodimus... he's pretty small, really.

You could strip a RID Prowl and make him Breakdown, though I'm not sure if his robot style matches the others. Energon Downshift has some potential as a stunticon... boxy body, fast car, simple design. Cybertron Crosswise and Energon Hotshot come to mind as well...

Or you could wait a few months and use Movie Jazz or Bumblebee as the foundation for some Stunticons... they should be around the right size.

zmog

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, Armada Wheeljack is a monster. Bigger than Excellion in both modes, and with a considerably less articulated body than the others you're using. If you're looking for a "footprint" similar to Classics Rodimus... he's pretty small, really.

You could strip a RID Prowl and make him Breakdown, though I'm not sure if his robot style matches the others. Energon Downshift has some potential as a stunticon... boxy body, fast car, simple design. Cybertron Crosswise and Energon Hotshot come to mind as well...

Or you could wait a few months and use Movie Jazz or Bumblebee as the foundation for some Stunticons... they should be around the right size.

zmog

12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I'm really not sure how I glossed over Crosswise/Smokescreen as an option.

I was also thinking about suggesting Energon Hot Shot or Downshift, but I figured their limited articulation probably wasn't what you would prefer, so I decided not to.

13. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I'm really not sure how I glossed over Crosswise/Smokescreen as an option.

I was also thinking about suggesting Energon Hot Shot or Downshift, but I figured their limited articulation probably wasn't what you would prefer, so I decided not to.

14. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Dude best way is just too remold hot shot dude, i mean everything will come together and if you do it right they wont all look the same. A little sanding and sculpty here and there does wonders to figure. I mean seriously, if you can make a combiner, you can definately change the shape of a few bots.

15. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Dude best way is just too remold hot shot dude, i mean everything will come together and if you do it right they wont all look the same. A little sanding and sculpty here and there does wonders to figure. I mean seriously, if you can make a combiner, you can definately change the shape of a few bots.

16. Keiichitron

Ebay:
    smokescreen looks to be around the right size, i'll play around with him and see if he looks better

17. Keiichitron

Ebay:
    smokescreen looks to be around the right size, i'll play around with him and see if he looks better

18. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hopefully that works out for you

19. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hopefully that works out for you