size of action figures

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ny2125, Aug 11, 2007.

1. ny2125

ny2125 Member

i realize that optimus prime was bigger than most other transformers. so if i was collecting a line (say classics) would i get "voyager" prime and say jazz in the "deluxe" mode to make it close to the sizes in the movies/etc.??? what other transformers would be in the bigger "voyager" size? thanks again!

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    proper scale (or even close) is impossible.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

It's true that consistent scale, especially for the vehicle modes, will never be completely achieved. However, you can still strive for approximate G1 toon-appropriate scales... even if you won't always find them in the same line.

For example, I find the Classics Voyager Optimus to be a little small for my chosen scale of TFs, and the Starscream from Classics is just too dainty when compared to most other Deluxe scale Autobot cars.

If you want to assemble a sort of G1-consistent collection of TFs, you'll probably want to look around a bit, and mix-and-match figures from different lines to get the group you want. Sometimes I swear Hasbro avoids molding classic characters in toon-consistent scales on purpose, just to keep ups collectors searching, waiting or the "perfect Prime" or the "perfect Starscream". :) 

zmog

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's Hard to scale Bonecrsuher is like 3 Inchs and others like Cybertron Hotshot are taller Deluxes.