Size Matters on City sized...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Blackldr, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Blackldr

Blackldr Member

Again not sure if this is the correct group, but I have another question. So we all know the G1 size comparisons for certain transformers (bumblee is small comparied to hound / Optimus prime)

My question lies in the Gestalts and city sized transformers.
    using the Cartoon as an example we know Devestator and Omega Supreme are roughly the same size, but Superion is a tad smaller. How much bigger is Metroplex and Trypticon compared to Omega Supreme, and on that note how much bigger is Fortress Maximus / Scorponok compared to the others?

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Deleted spam/off topic posts... come on folks, OP is asking for serious information, no spam or joke posting.

3. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

There's a topic and which one of the fans went through the trouble of trying to make a scale chart here is the link
    The *Definitive* Sunbow Scale Chart

I won't say it's a perfect map to the sizes but I think it's as damn close as anybody can get

4. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scale and TFs doesn't matter, mass shifting rules

5. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

The games always blew me away with the sheer size of Metroplex and Trypticon. I prefer massive city bots rather than the G1 portrayals, which I guess would have to be smaller so you could fit them in a 3:2 screen ratio courtesy of NTSC requirements.

6. A Wild MISSINGNO

A Wild MISSINGNO Member

I think “The definitive sunbow scale chart” is an overall good reference for comparisons. The G1 show, however, tended to be kind of inconsistent with size. I know they have explained it with mass shifting, but it makes it much harder to (with any consistency) make an accurate scale chart.

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

It depends on if you consider the city bots to be entire cities or "outposts".

It never seemed plausible that they were indeed full sized Cybertronian cities.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    All hail scale and comparitive sizes.
    mass shifting and just play doesn't matter.

9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

In my mind the correct size of the City Bots was only once shown properly: In the Season 4 opening - Metroplex commercial. You can see a tiny Bruticus zipping around Metroplex as he transforms in there. To me this makes perfect sense as to his size.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    In the end, it all depends on whether you think citybots are scaled to humans or scaled to Transformers. If they're scaled to humans, I prefer Metro, Fort Max and Trypticon to be titan class in toy form...making Omega Supreme and Devastator more in line with supreme class. If they're scaled to Transformers, there are no toys that could reasonably account for that kind of girth without shrinking the mainline down to Micromaster class figures. In that respect, if you think of Titanmasters as being avatars for their larger selves, then Titan Class isn't too far off...

11. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

A Fortress Maximus MP would be... about the size of a house. And I'd have no place to store it.